Winter

Winter

Monday, June 28, 2010

Raising Trees


My husband's hobby among other things is raising
trees. When we moved here we had one tree, the tree
in the front yard. We have planted all the trees
on the place. My husband says that we have about
120, he has grown about half of them himself.
This picture is of his little nursery and all of the little
trees he is currently growing.
I never thought our family was nuts about trees,
until a gal asked my daughter in her art class if she
was a pagan. My daughter looked shocked and said,
"No why," The lady said," because you always do
art work of trees."
I had never thought about that much, but when my son
moved into his house, for a house warming present
he wanted a tree.
I know that some of you have your own woods, but
living in California we are hard pressed to have our
own woods. I guess that is what we are working toward,
someday having our own forest.
I love sitting out at twilight and listening to the trees,
whispering to each other and telling each other bed
time stories. I know as a child, I lived in trees. I liked
nothing better than sitting up on a limb in the heat of
summer and feeling the movement of the tree in the
summer breeze.

I hope you had a nice weekend, it is hot here today,
I let all of my chickens out in the yard. I have a bunch
of chickens! My yard will never be the same. Happy
Birthday L. and Father Tim. It is always nice to visit
Mitford. :)

Have a nice Monday!

3 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

wow, that is a LOT of trees!

thanks for voting for sunday!!!

mariel said...

wow! Jesus loving Tree-huggers! heehee...I love it!! :)

Jacque. said...

I love trees...never thought much about living somewhere without trees. Wow...that's a lot of trees to plant!

Stay cool!