Winter

Winter

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Easy Peasy Cookie Recipe


It is hot, it is not baking weather, and at my house,
my kids still like something to eat when they come in
from the pool, starving.
I found this recipe and it is so easy, and quick that it
has to be my favorite for kid cooking 101.
I got it off a box of cake mix, because I love to get recipes off
of boxes, cans, and even cereal boxes and even the bag of flour.
One of my favorite cookbooks came glued to a box of Hershey
Cocoa eons ago when I was collecting things to put in my as my
brothers called it my hopeless chest. It still has the best recipe
for Chocolate Cream Pie.

Chunky Chocolate Cookies
1 package of Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe
Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Place cake mix, eggs, melted butter,
brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl.
Stir until well blended.
Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop by level measuring tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes for chewy cookies ( cookies will still be
puffed) or 14 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool 2 minutes on baking
sheets. Remove to cooling racks, and cool completely.
Store in air tight container.

Now because I can never leave a recipe alone, ever, I did try
a Red Velvet cake mix and that is how I got the red cookies.
I also add dried cranberries and any other kind of nut
I might have on hand. I also add chocolate covered raisins.
Next time I might add rice krispys since I love the bit of
crunch they add.
When I was at the store they had cake mixes on sale and I
had a coupon so I bought some different flavors to experiment
with.
I hope you have a great Wednesday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Those cookies look yummy and I love the idea of chocolate covered raisins in cookies! We sometimes use the funfetti cake mix to make cookies and they are always a hit around here. I like your bookshelf you added to your sidebar!
~Valerie

Jennifer said...

Yum! We have dinner guests tonight. I think I am going to try this one!

mariel said...

yummy!! i think i'll add cranberries and call it 'healthy' then i won't count the calories!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Now this is a coolish ideas with cake mix -- umm -- could I BBQ these cookies I wonder -- my the way I did my first BBQ cookies today -- I'll post about them on Friday. But I never thought to put chocolate covered raisins in the mix. Have you used dryed cherries in oatmeal cookies - yumm!
Thanks for the tips..