Winter

Winter

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Today is Thankful Thursday and I thought I would
share a bit from my devotional this morning.

"If we could simply remember that this is true of
everything---God's purposes are slowly being
worked out for His glory and our good---we would,
like the farmer, keep faith and wait quietly.
(A Lamp for My Feet, p.57)

"See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit
of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it
receives the early and latter rain. You also
be patient."
(James 5:7,8)

I love farming verses. I wanted to share what else
I am thankful for today.

I went in my room and these guys had been playing
and I was getting ready to run them out, when they
looked at me and said, "Want to take a nap."
I laughed and said, " Okay I will tuck you in."
Then I said, " stay there don't move, so I ran
and got my camera and their Mommy's and
took this picture.
They only were here about 5 minutes longer, but
I thought I am so incredibly blessed to have this
in my life and so thankful to God for this part.

I was cleaning up after they all left and I was putting
my pillows back and putting the blankets away and I was
thinking about how wonderful God doesn't always give us
what we think we want. See, as a young woman, the thing
I did not want was a family, or a husband or kids. I wanted
to travel the world and be famous. I wanted to be rich.

But God said no that He had something better. He did,
so I am so thankful today, that God knew me best, and
gave me the desires of my heart and didn't say yes
to what I wanted but gave me what was for my own
good and for His glory.

Have a great Thursday!

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

2 comments:

myletterstoemily said...

what a precious photo!

. . . and you are rich beyond words!

Kessie said...

Ooh, aren't they all so cute! Alex got his hair whacked off today, so next week they'll look like triplets.