Winter

Winter

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Today on Tuesday


I was walking around looking at my sunflowers,
and I was so proud of myself, because I took this
picture of two of those really fast butterfly's.

I was thinking as I was walking around that being
out in my garden is really like going on vacation.
There is so much to look at and so much to do.
I started working on my quilt that I have the button on
at the top of the page.

When I get my first block made I will post the picture.
As I was sewing, my sister called so I ended up visiting with
her and not sewing. I can hardly walk and chew gum so sewing
on a machine is not in my skill set.

She lives in my Mom's house in Oklahoma. She is like me in that
she was born in California and lived here all of her life. Life is rather
extreme where she lives. She sits and tells me stories that just creep me
out.
She had walked down to the pond one night and the pond was just
going crazy, as she stood there she saw two Alligator Gars
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRfLz1RJRGGwAvMeeaSO6DnntXrPEF5_RQbsIhX--jzcUe2RoQ&t=1&usg=__6Q3N36C6iP8_6Zl26lQvK2knEOU=
I got this picture off of Google Images. I
don't know this man. I just wanted you to see
what these things look like.

I mean okay, doesn't that look like a dinosaur?
She has a creek that feeds the pond and last time
my brother was back there he said the "Gars were
hatching in there."

Another night she walked down to the lake. There is a
really beautiful lake on it too.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVUqCwZIIeoodDl8w1EP5K54oXHhKbtRZvyh4eICEdVYjti_E&t=1&usg=__uHC1x-t7zVnjVO86HjHpuaC2AIo=
One of these things jumped into the water.
It is a musk rat. She said, no way is she going
down there by herself.

She said she was mowing the lawn and she mowed
a Chicken snake about 5 feet long. She said the copper
heads and the water moccasins have been so bad this year.
She said she carries a gun with her every where she goes.
http://animal.discovery.com/tv/a-list/creature-countdowns/cheats/images/cheats-alligator-snapping-turtle.jpg
She had to kill one of these as it was going after her dogs. I keep saying,
"Don't you want to come back home? She always says, " No I will stick it
out for a bit longer. Her neighbor has been tracking a mountain lion.
I can take skunks but I like my wild life to be just a bit more tame.
I feel like such a city girl.
Oh why did she call? She was making grape juice and she wished she
had listened better to what Mom told her about canning and could I
remember. That is when it hits me, I just can't pick up the phone,
and call Mom.
Some days, time just goes by too fast.
Have a great Tuesday.
Oh, if your Mom is still around, give her a hug, from me, Moms always
need a hug.



Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

5 comments:

Gail said...

What a reminder! I still want to pick up the phone and call Mom but she has been gone for years.

What your sister deals with daily is just normal for many of us. It is not as bad as it sounds. There is beauty in those scary things too.

Jacque. said...

ohwow...those creatures would truly freak me out. I have a hard enough time with bugs, let alone anything bigger!

Your link to your quilt isn't working. bummer.

Me Mum is a very special lady and I appreciate her so much. I can hardly bear the thought of her not being here with us.

Thank you for the lovely post.

Kessie said...

Good grief, that's all a bit too wild for me! I'll stay in our nice urban semi-rural California.

And that last part makes me so sad. I'll give you a hug next time I see you.

Deborah Ann said...

Whoa, those are some scary looking critters!

You're so blessed to live in CA. Been there several times, can never get enough...

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Well Oklahoma sure has it's critters. I can be a big ol' fraidy cat when I go down to our ponds. You just never know what you'll see outside especially at night but it's an adventure I love. It's so nice that you can reminisce with your sis. I love talking with my sisters and know that I cherish the daily talks with my Mom and Dad. Wishing you a wonderful week.