Winter

Winter

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year, 2010


The journey down the road is unknown, but it begins as soon as you take that first step.
We have a new road before us, my prayer is this:
" Lord, give me a quiet heart that does not ask to understand,
But confident steps forward in the darkness guided by thy hand.

When I was a little girl, my Mother became a Christian, 1967, by 1970 she was living in heaven, and God had sent me a step mother and 3 extra brothers. I guess God thought I needed more family. The Brady Bunch had came out at that time so we were " a really cool family." My step-mother went to heaven on December 3rd of 2009. I guess I didn't get the loosing Mom part the first time around. But what I wanted to say is that my birth Mother left me a legacy, in 1969
It has served me well, these 40 years since.
Behold, I stand at the door and knock, if any man hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and sup with him and he with me. (Rev. 3:20) No matter where my self will went, always in the back of my mind was Jesus standing at the door.
The second verse she left to me was:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
(Provers 3:5-6)
As I have tried to understand things I don't understand, I know I can lean on the Lord and He has made my paths straight in a crooked world.
The 3rd verse she gave me is this and I think the most important,
1 Thessalonians 5:18" In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

I may not understand the ways or whys of God, but I know giving thanks is my first step in making it through any trial. Seeing everything as God's will for me. It has been hard work to learn this, but I am thankful that as Clarence tells George in Its A Wonderful Life, " George you have been really given a wonderful life." That is how I feel.
So, have a great start to 2010. I am sad though, I thought we would be flying in cars and we would all have robot maids. :)

No comments: