Winter

Winter

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cold Winter Sky


I loved the sky, this evening. I was out walking and the sun was setting.
It has been so cold, but I just seem to go crazy if I can go outside and walk in it for just a bit
each day. When I was a girl, I would get home from school and I would run in the house after I got off the bus, throw my books down and run for the horse pen. I would grab my horse and we would go for a ride out in the cold and I would stay outside until it was too dark to see. I would be so cold by the time I got back in the house after feeding and cleaning my horses, it would take me hours to finally warm up. I loved being out in the gray days of January when it was foggy and oh so cold. I still find that it makes me so happy to be outside walking and watching the the sun set on this cold day.
I am so thankful for days that make me thankful for a nice warm house, for food to eat and the sun that reminds me of dreams to come. Like gardening in the spring.

4 comments:

Kessie said...

Getting outside does help so much when you're stuck inside during the winter. Imagine if we lived somewhere cold! I think we'd all die of spring fever.

Farm Girl said...

I just can't imagine living in snow and not even seeing the sun until June!!! I know we will have warm days in Feb. I always feel like such a wimp.
Have a good day!! I am praying for you. :)

an encourager said...

I know what you mean... there's just something about wind blowing in your face. However, my wind comes from riding one of my bikes or tootling around on my scooter. :)

Farm Girl said...

No matter what, it feels good to have the wind blowing away all of the cobwebs. :)