Winter

Winter

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cold Kitty


It is cold here, though not as cold as it is in the rest of the country. The kitty's just sit on the
railing around the porch, waiting for me to feel guilty and let them back inside.
Yesterday, it stayed around 39 until about 2:00 in the afternoon it warmed up to
41. I like this as long as I am busy, but I remember how hard it was with little ones,
trapped inside for weeks. Living here has helped too. This house has 34 windows plus the windows above the windows that I have never counted, so lots of light comes in all of the time.
My other house, while much bigger with much more storage, had maybe 6. We would all get so depressed in that house this time of year, not to mention, the trees were huge blocking out light.
I have become more fond of light than storage.
I was reading one of my favorite blogs, Hooked on Houses and she had a movie house from the Nights as Rodanthe. I haven't seen the movie nor do I plan too. ( It has Richard Gere.) But this morning's verse that caught my attention was this,
"He is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when the flood arose, the storm beat vehemently against that house, and could not shake it, for it was founded on the rock."
Luke 6:48
I keep thinking about this house and how the sea wants it gone. It is a beautiful house so I wonder if it will stand or will it fall. Just something to think about today.
Serendipity-photo by Don Bowers

No comments: