Winter

Winter

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Things I Wish I Had Known


I have had some thoughts going around in my head
about blogging. I thought I might share my vast**(cough)**
experience in the the world of writing blogs.
I sort of got my toe wet not expecting to last a month,
I never dreamed that it would become a joy but having
people read it and look at my pictures that is something.
I was scared to death, and sometimes I am still .

When you start blogging, first of all you will meet the
very nicest people in the whole world. I am not kidding.
I have never ran across such giving, kind and warm people
ever. I really think that in the blogging world, these sweet
bloggers would give away the shirt on their back.
Another thing I didn't know at first is that button at the end
of a post that says "comment" very important. I didn't know
this, in fact I was so scared to leave a comment I didn't do it
for the first six months.
Then I did and the whole world changed. I saw that comments
are more valuable than gold.
I think that it is also very important that you have pictures. I have
never been a picture taker so this was another hard thing, but now
that has been a rewarding experience.
It is very hard some days to come up with something to write about,
but do it anyway. You will be ministering to someone in a way you might
never know about but it is a ministry none the less.

I wrote a post one morning, because I was going to stop blogging, I was sick
and life had seemed so big, my Mom had just died and that was the reason
I had started a blog in the first place so she could stay connected. I felt adrift.
That day, some one left me a comment that changed my life. It was then, that
I realized that I can make friends all over the world.

So having a blog is like having a small child, some days are hard,
but most days it is fun and you get back so much more than you ever
gave.

So if you have been thinking about a blog but sort of hanging back,
well like the Nike commercial says, "Just do it."
Happy Wednesday!

5 comments:

Theresa said...

What a sweet blog Kim. I look forward to my next visit.
Blessings,
Theresa aka Thankfulheart

Sue said...

Good Morning Kim,
I could have written this post, my feelings exactly. Blogging has opened up a new world of friendships for me, yours being one of them,and I am very thankful for that.

Lately I am finding it harder and harder to post. I told my dh the other night that I didn't have anything that I thought might interest anyone, as I feel it is hard to come up with things to write about. LOL I have even thought about taking a break, but for some reason the Lord won't let me. As I try and pray about everything.

I read all of your previous post to try and catchup, and found them so refreshing. You have such a gift for writing and expressing your thoughts, It is as if I am sitting there listening and talking with you. I am so glad you did not quit blogging. When I visit here I feel such a peace, and I know that it is the Peace that surpasses all understanding.

We have been in revival at church, what wonderful services, as we saw many make salvation commitments, and others rededicate their faith to Christ.

Our guest speaker was Jonathan Lotz, grandson of the Rev, Billy Graham, What a dedicated young man, loves the Lord and people. We were so privileged to have had him, not because of being Rev, Graham's grandson, but because of the message he presented. It is so refreshing to see young people have such a heart for God and lost souls.
I am now trying to catchup with my house and garden, we are still working on our porch too. It seems I am always trying to catchup on something. LOL. Do you ever feel that way,? ,,,,,,Hey, now there's something I could post about. lol

Hope your day is filled with many blessings.
Hugs,
Sue

Sue said...

Good Morning again Kim,
I just checked my comments and saw that you had left me a comment, Thank you so much for your concerns and your prayers, I can't tell you how much this means to me.
No word from Maggie, but God has given me peace about her. We did have a new calf born and everything went well.
Hugs,
Sue

myletterstoemily said...

dear kim,

i am so sorry to hear about your
mom and can totally understand
why you wouldn't want to keep
blogging.

but, i'm glad you did!

i know a teeny big about farming,
since i spent summers on a ranch,
hauling hay and counting calves.

blessings,
lea

Farm Girl said...

Thank you Lea,
I am so happy, that I just happened to come across Letters to Emily.