Winter

Winter

Friday, March 26, 2010

Friday Projects


When my daughter was expecting our granddaughter,
I started to make her this quilt, then chickened out.
I didn't really like it and I couldn't seem to make
it come together the way I saw it in my head.
I put it away and made another.

The other day, I was rummaging around in my closet
and ran across it and I liked it and I thought, "I really
need to finish this and give it to Holly." So that is today's
Fiber Friday project. To finish this quilt.

Here it is, sorry it isn't a very good picture, I couldn't seem
to get a good one of it. I have always been nutty about
the art work and stories of Beatrix Potter. But first I
have to be one of these, a hoe-r


I have a area I want to get chopped, It is what
I want to do on the first day of my spring break.
I tell my husband all the time, give me a IPod with
good music and I can conquer the world. Today,
It is just some weeds.
I hope you have a wonderful Friday.

8 comments:

Meg said...

How cute! Why didn't you like it before? It's adorable. And I love Beatrix Potter too. She's always been one of my favorites (next to Winnie the Pooh, of course.)

Ben and I were watching the news this morning and I laughed when I saw it is supposed to rain Tuesday-Thursday. I knew it was because you wanted to get your weeds chopped. Hopefully you will be done by then.

Farm Girl said...

Yeah me too. Rain you are kidding? I didn't think there would be any more rain until November. Oh well, that means I have to get on it today. I don't know why I didn't like that quilt. I like it now. I am weird that way. I looked at it so much I guess.
I hope you get to have a fiber Friday!

Jennifer said...

What a soft and feminine-looking quilt. I can't wait to see how it turns out! Your granddaughter is so blessed to have godly, wise, biblical models of womanliness in her mommy and grandmama. (And auntie!)

Farm Girl said...

Jennifer you are so sweet. As I like to say, I am nothing but a good counterfeiter, If there is anything at all in there, it is only by God's remarkable grace. I do have wonderful daughters. :)

Cindy said...

I have the quilt my grandmother made me when I was a baby. It is in tatters and I don't think it can be repaired. But that's ok, I love it. Sometimes I think about the love my grandmother put into it as she made it. And now that I'm a grandmother, I can experience that kind of love as I make things for my grandbabies. Holly will one day look at that beautiful quilt you made just for her and she will remember.....

Farm Girl said...

That is such a nice way to look at it Cindy, You still have yours? That is so sweet. I think being a grandmother is such a magical experience anyway. Thanks for telling me that. :) It makes me happy.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Farm Girl, thank you for commenting on my "Out of Sorts" post. Your "weed eating tool" is awesome and knew to me, I may need to find one. I think with this menopausal brain of mine I could put that tool to good use. I love your quilt, very pretty indeed.

Sue said...

Hi Kim,
What a beautiful quilt, beautiful colors too, your granddaughter will always cherish it. I too have always enjoyed Beatrice potters books, and have some videos. When the grand girls come we like to watch them together.
Love those tools too!!

Thank you so much for your prayers, I have really felt them. Hope you enjoyed your first day of spring break. It is windy and cold here tonight, it is suppose to get in the 30's, so we covered the trees.
Hugs and blessings,
Sue