Winter

Winter

Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Morning

The Nectarine Tree.

Welcome to Monday Morning! Time has changed.
My husband had to leave very early to go out of town.
I know I will get lots of stuff done today.
Sunday, we didn't eat dinner until 7:00 PM so that
is kind of a bobble on daylight savings, but it was because
I was outside fooling with chickens, fooling with chicks and
not paying attention to the time.

I also wanted to finish this rooster for my kitchen. I saw a picture
of it on a blog, and I looked at my husband and said, " Can you draw
that shape so I can cut it out of wood? He did and I cut it out
and made it this afternoon. I love whimsy and it looks
nice in my kitchen. The picture in the blog was of a clock.
I wanted mine to be a wall hanging and it has feet.
Thanks to Sweet Water Cottage for posting her
chicken pictures.

I hope your Monday is a good Monday.
Blessings,

3 comments:

Meg said...

OMG! Cutest rooster ever!!

Farm Girl said...

Thanks! I liked it so much and I can do something with just 3 colors.
:)

Sue said...

Hi Kim,
Love your chicken, so adorable. You are so gifted in many ways. Your husband sounds like mine. I will see something in a magazine ask him if he can make it and he does.
My chickens are laying like you wouldn't believe, and I am certainly not complaining.

I read your last post also and, wishing your grandson a very happy birthday. I know you all had a wonderful time. thank you for the recipe for the donuts. I too fry with canola oil. Oh! how I would love one of those donuts right now. I bet you didn't have any leftovers either.LOL

Thanks for coming by, and for your sweet comments.
Have a great evening,
Hugs,
Sue