Winter

Winter

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Women Who Influenced My Life


Our trees are getting prettier and prettier each day, I am so excited each day to see each of our trees changing color.
Today I wanted to share a list of the woman God put into my life that changed me from a card carrying Woman Libber (or lipper as my case was.) To a woman who daily tries to live by faith in the Son of God.
The first woman who influenced me was my first Bible study teacher, Shirley Bergam. I went to Bible Study Fellowship full of my self and did not need these hypocritical woman to tell me how to live. I sat through the first lecture, wishing I had brought my car so I could leave. I got the first lesson in Matthew and took it home thinking big deal and then did it so I could show them how smart I was, wow, was I wrong. Not to far into that year I got on my knees and asked God to take over my life. Shirley every week said something that brought me to tears and every week my life changed little by little.

The next woman who changed my life was Mary Pride. I was pregnant with our third child and I read the Way Home and through that book, I wanted to be the kind of woman that trusted God in every area of her life even child bearing. I am so very thankful to God that he heard my prayer and gave me six children.

The next woman who really changed my life was Elisabeth Elliot and a little radio show called Gateway to Joy. I would listen and so often, things she said, I just didn't understand. I bought her tapes and I would have to listen to them over and over because I just didn't understand what being servant was or even looked like. Every book she suggested I bought and read it because I wanted so badly to be a Godly woman whose price was far above rubies.

I think I would have to add Nancy Missler to this because The Way of Agape changed my marriage and she showed me how to give up the right to be right.

I thought it would be nice to be thankful for the woman who had to go through so much suffering just so they could teach me how to live. As Elisabeth always says, we can all be a older woman to someone, so go out and be a older woman to someone today. :)

No comments: