Winter

Winter

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Field of Dreams


As I thought about what I was thankful for today, I was thankful for our "Field of Dreams."
I am so thankful that I have so much dirt and it is good dirt. It is like a blank canvas waiting to be filled up with all sorts of good things. I think though, we use it the most for walking and doing laps. R. keeps our path so nice and we all use it to clear our heads. So often I sit out back and just let my mind wander to all sorts of places and it most often is my very large prayer closet.

When God brought me here with my grandparents and my parents in 1962 I thought it was the best place in the world and as a four year old loved the freedom I felt to be able to wander around and just watch everything that was here. Then I got married and moved away but our kids grew up climbing the same trees and walking the same paths that I did.
Then after the death of my grandparents, God brought us back and now our grandchildren get to have the very same gift to have the freedom to wander and when they are older climb the same trees.
I love this land, and I am very thankful to God for bringing me back to our Field of Dreams.

No comments: