Winter

Winter

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Home Away From Home


I thought I would show you a picture of our home away from home. The only place I went today was the inside of a hospital room, and I didn't take pictures. Even though, Lake Texoma is beautiful and the park is just lovely with oak trees and all of the red and yellow. You just have to take my word, I will try to get some pictures in the morning before we go to the hospital.
My Mom's surgery went okay, she has had two in two days. Today, they did a gastric bypass and inserted a tube. This is the only way she will be able to live. Even with that she might not leave the hospital.
She said she is at peace either way, she will either see Jesus, or she will wake up and see her kids. We were all there and I am so thankful I came back here. I know she knows all of us are there and that is good. She did smile at all of us.
It has been nice to sit and listen to my brothers, they are good story tellers.
This morning, after I had been in the room to see my mom, I came out and had Ron read to me out of my Daily Light. The verse that most ministered to me was, Let us fall into the hand of the Lord, for His mercies are great..."I am with you" says the Lord. It quieted my soul and I was able to rest in His everlasting Arms.

1 comment:

Kessie said...

You make it sound so peaceful. Makes me wish I was there. :-)