Winter

Winter

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Thankful Sunday


I am thankful it is Sunday and it is the Lord's Day. One of the things I am happy about is that God gave us His word. Today I read this: He will swallow up death forever, and the Lord God will wipe away tears from all faces; the rebuke of His people He will take away from all the earth;for the Lord has spoken. And it will be said in that day: "Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us. This is the Lord;" ...We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation... Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I am so thankful it is the Lord who saves and not we ourselves. I had a good Saturday, we checked the bees and got them ready for the winter. We took away one super and looked over the brood. It was full of brood. It was cool so it was very easy to work with them and get into the part where the queen lives. I will have to buy sugar and start feeding them. I then hung out with my chickens today. They are all so cute and the roosters are all so pompous.

Have a restful day today

2 comments:

Kessie said...

Oh good, I wondered how your bees were doing. I'm glad they're all healthy. :) I like your verse, too. We're all just going to rest today and celebrate Sunday the way God intended. :-)

Farm Girl said...

Good, I have been out taking pictures this morning. It is a very nice day. I am glad you liked the verse. It ministered to me deeply today. It helps me get my mind back on how great God is and how small I am. We found a black widow living in the frames of the hive. It really creeped us out. I guess a black widow is stronger than a whole hive of bees. :)Have a great day.