Winter

Winter

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cars in The Ground


We were driving down the road in New Mexico and we saw those Cadillacs that guy buried in the ground. We were out far away and my camera doesn't have a telephoto. I really don't have any good pictures today. For two days now we have drove over 12 hours each day, but tonight finally got here. God is so good to us. Again, we were driving in pitch black to a place we have never been and just at the perfect time, my sister called and told us which off ramp to get off of and then we drove straight to the campground.
I think in the morning, I am going to be so surprised at the beauty of where we are. It is so dark you can see all of the stars, so quiet you can hear all of the night sounds of birds and bugs, you know the kind of silence that presses down. I think also in the morning we will see the lake. It is Lake Texoma. The really neat thing is we are 5 minutes from the hospital.
I have had the hardest time with water, every time I open any water container, I get wet, I spill water or it just blows up. I also forgot my tooth brush. But Ron was so sweet, he is letting me use his. I just want to die every time. Hopefully, I can get to a store soon. I feel like I am in some sort of chick movie. My Mom goes in for surgery in the morning, 3 of my 4 brothers are here with my sister. We haven't all been together in 20 years. It is kind of weird. It has been a long day, but God has been really faithful.

2 comments:

Kessie said...

It is kind of like a chick movie, isn't it? And like it or not, you're getting a reunion with your side of the family! How fun! :-) It's so neat to see how God is looking out for you. Being a believer is like cheating at life. :-)

Meg said...

I'm so glad the rest of your family is there. What kind of surgery? I thought there wasn't much they could do. I hope whatever it's for, it works.