Winter

Winter

Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Irises


This morning, I was out walking around, yep,
in my pajamas, and my house-shoes only I got
them soaking wet, so glad I don't have close
neighbors. :) I just love all of my blooming Irises
they multiplied like crazy last year and I separated
them so it has surprised me how much they have
multiplied thorough the fall and winter.

We are having all of our family here for dinner
on Easter Sunday. The babies and their older brothers
will get to hunt Easter eggs. Being three this year,
I imagine they will understand better than last year.

One of the very nice things about our grandchildren
at this age is they won't know it yet but they have
aunts and uncles that aren't that much older than
they are and aunts and uncles are lots more fun than
Moms and Dads and Gama' and Pa.

I am going to post some steps I have been thinking about
just because I think I complain too much just as a reminder
to myself. I found them in the book I posted about yesterday
Stepping Heavenward. Since the book was first published in
1869 they must have been well known at some point.

"If we wished to gain contentment, we might try such rules
as these:"
"1. Allow thyself to complain of nothing, not even the weather.
2. Never Picture thyself to thyself under any circumstances
in which thou art not.
3. Never compare thine own lot with that of another.
4. Never allow thyself to dwell on the wish that this
or that had been, or were otherwise than it was.
God Almighty loves thee better and more wisely than thou
dost thyself.
5. Never dwell on the morrow. Remember that it is God's
not thine. The heaviest part of sorrow is to look forward to it.
'The Lord will provide.'

"Be content with such things as ye have." (Heb. 13:5)

" I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
(Philippians 4:11)

All of these things I wish I did, I complain of the weather, I wish I was skinny
I worry about the future all of those things. So for today, I won't complain
about any of them, and I am going to hula-hoe the weeds some more,
so I won't have to think about not being skinny.:)
Have a wonderful Saturday.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I heard a quote once that went something like "If you want to hate something - your house, your job, your car, whatever - complain about it.

I remember that saying every time I start to complain about things and realize that if I keep going I will just be bitter and discontent.

Farm Girl said...

It is so very true, Meg :) I am glad you are so wise. I sure lucked out when Ben married you.

Meg said...

Pfft. I'm not wise. I just stumble along and hope I don't break anything. :P

Sue said...

Hi Kim,
This was a fun post, I am afraid I am guilty of few of these as well, especially about the weather. Your irises are beautiful, they remind me of my grandmother's many years ago.
It looks like a great day with your family tomorrow, enjoy it.

We are going to be together with some of my siblings at Mothers.
May you and your family have a day filled with many joyful blessings,
Sue