Winter

Winter

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sunflowers


As I have said before, I am nuts about sunflowers.
If I could be a flower it would be a sunflower.
I think why I like them is that they always follow
the path of the sun. ( I wish I always followed the path
of the Son, with my eyes on Him and Him only.)
But of course, I get distracted, and start following
anything and everything that catches my eye.

This morning I had to run to the grocery store, early,
as my son and I share a car and he had to be at work.
It was stormy and the wind was blowing and the rain
was raining sideways. I had to go because the dog was
out of food.

On my way back out into the stormy weather, I had to pass by my absolute down fall.
No, it wasn't marked down Easter candy. Nope, it was
packages of sunflowers. It was the Burpee rack, filled with
promises that shout to me. I wanted to stand and stare and
fondle the packages and dream of summer and little plants
poking their little heads out of the dirt. I had to walk on
past with my nose in the air, not to high though to see
all of the sunflowers begging to come home. I have thought
about them all day. Even though, the wind is blowing and
it is too cold to play in the dirt.
I did make a cake.

It is a good use for peeps. I found the recipe.
on Taste of Home. I do have such a weakness
for sunflowers. I only had a tiny taste. I have lost
my taste for goodies.
Someday, I will tell you about a wool cutter.
I have to be brave and I am not that brave yet.
So this is my happy Tuesday post. I hope you have
a lovely day, I hope where ever you are, you are
having spring.

4 comments:

Kessie said...

Man, I don't know if I would have had the willpower to ignore the seeds like that.

Maybe you can go back later. *shifty eyes*

Also, that cake is wonderfully sunny. I'd seen it on Taste of Home, but I couldn't remember where I saw it until just now. :-)

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a great idea on how to utilize all those peeps no one wants to eat! The cake looks delicious. Sunflowers-love them, a farm girl can never grow to many sunflowers.

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a great idea on how to utilize all those peeps no one wants to eat! The cake looks delicious. Sunflowers-love them, a farm girl can never grow to many sunflowers.

Farm Girl said...

No one did either, they just piled them on the cake plate and I threw them away when the plate was empty.
:)