Winter

Winter

Monday, April 12, 2010

Our Thirtieth Anniversary


Today marks our 30 years together as
man and wife. I for one can't believe that
it has gone by in such a blur, because really,
I feel most of the time like this girl, who
just got married. The only regret I have,
is being such a know it all, said to the,
pastor, " I will not say obey, in the vow."
30 years later, I want to go back and say,
I will obey with my whole heart. Today,
I know that my husband's wisdom is better
than mine, I know he has a clearer head, and he
never lets his emotions govern his decisions.
He is always kind. I am on the other hand
none of the above. He is my rock and without
him I shudder to think how my life would have turned
out.

He wrote a song for our wedding and a couple of
the verses went, " If I fall for a thousand years
I won't know to tell."
From our marriage the fruit we have is our six
children, two with wonderful spouses and 5 lovely
grandchildren. So far.

I am so thankful that on this day, 30 years ago,
my husband picked me. I have been so blessed.
Happy Monday!!

5 comments:

Meg said...

I remember when you were celebrating 25 years and I thought "I can't wait to see them get to 30. That will be so cool." And here you are. I have to tell you that I'm so glad you and dad are married. You are the best second set of parents I could ever wish for and I'm so thankful that I get to be a part of your family.

Here's to another 30! *cheers*

Farm Girl said...

You are so sweet! Yes, I would take back a single day of this ride. I has been simply breathtaking!
We have really been so blessed!
My prayer today, is 30 more Lord!!

I know that I would do it all again.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful bride! Congrats to you both!

Kessie said...

Happy anniversary! I love you guys so much. :-) :-)

Farm Girl said...

Thank you so very much!!