Winter

Winter

Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


I am feeling a bit uncreative today and I haven't had a entry for
The Simple Woman's Daybook in a while so today I am going to do a entry.
Peggy is so kind to offer this and I have met so many nice ladies.
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

FOR TODAY
Outside my window... The humidity is finally gone and the temperature is finally dropping.
The air is cleaner and I can see the mountains again. The sky is blue again,
without the heat clouds nor are the thunderheads over the mountains.


I am thinking... I am excited for a new week. I am looking forward to new projects,
new things to do and I love the feeling of being creative. It is time to start
planning my new school year and that is always exciting. I do enjoy planning
the school year.

I am thankful... for rest. I have rested this weekend and I feel so much better
and my mind is clearer than it has been.

From the learning rooms... I have learned that even though hard times come
joy always comes in the morning. Facing fears is better than hiding from them.

In the kitchen... I have lots of food I want to cook this week. I also have some
new jam recipes I want to try making. I do enjoy making jam, but eating it is just
as much fun.

I am wearing... My favorite shorts, they are gray with pockets so I can put everything in
them and not carry anything in my hands. I am wearing a black shirt because I can
carry eggs in it from the hens and not have to grab a bucket.

I am creating...I am working on a couple of rug projects and I have a couple of counted-cross
stitch things I am doing.

I am going... To be very busy this week. The weather will be cooler so I need to work in my
garden and my back flowerbeds. I am also going to start cleaning the school room.

I am wondering... why I can't always have tons of energy. It is so much more fun. I wish
I never got tired.

I am reading... Oh lots of stuff. I got 30 book at the library. I found this lady named
Laura Childs. She is a cozy mystery lady and she writes about a tea room. I am still making
my way through the series with Beatrix Potter and so they are all very light reading.
My last bit before I knuckle down before planning school.

I am hoping... I ordered wool today. I am so excited. I have never done that before.
I can't wait to get it.

I am looking forward to... This week, have I said that before? I am really excited about
it.

I am hearing... The sound of the air conditioning, not much else. The boys are quiet upstairs.
Two of them are gone and my husband is outside.

Around the house... I am so glad I have a house to live in.

I am pondering...to clean house tomorrow or chop weeds in the garden. Or try and do both.
That is when I wish I was superwoman.

One of my favorite things...I can't believe I am going to write this, but I am, right now,
watching Dr. Who with my husband in the evening. :)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work on my quilt, work on my rugs.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


I wanted to see how close I could get to a sunflower without loosing
my focus. I liked this. I even got a few drops of nectar in the shot.

______________________________
I hope you have a great week and I want to again thank Peggy.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's a beautiful shot. looks like a big yellow acorn. :)

Debbie said...

Sounds like a great week ahead. Soo wonderful the humidity is gone, and the heat is WAY back down huh? Have a wonderful day! HUGS

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Jam is very good!! I have blackberries on this property. I hope I can get enough to try making some jam with them. I'm heading off to my new school this morning to touch base. I am already thinking of starting up in the fall too.
Hugs,
Courtney

Julia said...

Dear Kim, I think that you are a very busy lady like me and being always tired is just part of the deal it seems.

I like what yo have planned for the week. I'm glad that the heat wave is over and that the haze has lifted and that the sky is clear again.

You sound like me about wanting to do everything that you enjoy doing except I find that there is never enough hours in the day to do it all. So my list gets longer because I'm never finished and keep adding on to it. lol.

Have a great week.. Blessings. JB
I think th

Pom Pom said...

I'm thankful for my house, too. I feel the same way about energy. I wish mine was boundless. Even on days where the demands are high, my pace is way slower than it used to be. Oh well. There's joy in that, too. I'm excited about your wool! It's been raining here (unusual) and it puts me in a cozy mood.

no spring chicken said...

Wow, that shot is amazing. I love seeing things through Kim's eyes. Your daybook entries are always so much fun. I feel like I know you just a little bit better after these entries. Although I admit to feeling highly inadequate after reading them. You DO everything I need or want to do. As one of my high school teachers was known to quote, "saying and doing are not the same thing!"

Apparently I've been missing out. Dr. Who?

Blessings, Debbie

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

What great plans...sounds like an awesome week in store. Oh I am starting to plan K for Benjamin...I can't believe I am teaching K again, but this time I am going to have some new things, since it has been 10 years since last time.

Oh you are getting cooler temps..we are still over 100!!!!!!!!! It just kinda zaps you.

Cook..oh, I need to do that, no more excuses I have found my pots and pans. LOL

Enjoy your week...looks like you are on a great start.

Patrice said...

Cool photo! Hubby is a Dr.Who fan. I just completed watching the entire series of Larkrise with three of my girls. I wish they'd never stopped making them. We're addicted!

Jennifer said...

you're so busy! your "tired" is probably waaay more tired than most people!

Debbie said...

sounds like a very full and fun week!!!

too much for me, but i always enjoy reading about what your doing, you have a ton of energy!!!