Winter

Winter

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day


I have often thought that as English speaking people
we have over used the word "love," In Greek
the words for love such as philieo, agapao, and
agape. All of the different kinds of loves, words
for as a mother feels for her child, or a couple for
each other and other words that describe love.

" Our modern idea of love is such a poor, weak, soupy,
sentimental one---so far from the strong, pure, steel-like
grip with which God's love holds us---far from the kind
of love that you and I ought to have for God. "
(Elisabeth Elliot)

" For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son."
(John 3:16)

God has shown us through His actions how much love costs
it costs so much more than I know sometimes I am willing
to offer. But yet because of the picture I am shown every
day by reading the love letters in the book God left us
to read, I am reminded of that love.
Love cost God everything, yet He gave his son for us.
He continues to love me in spite of who and what I am
today.
Have a blessed day.

No comments: