Winter

Winter

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lovely Fridays


The last of my laundry is finished, the dishes are in the dishwasher and
the kitchen is cleaned up after dinner. The sun is beginning
to set and quiet settles down on my household. Like a warm
blanket on a cold night.
The wind is blowing in the tree tops and the cottonwoods,
are shimmering in the last of the light from this lovely day.
As I sit and ponder how blessed I am at this moment in time.
All I can say, is I am thankful.

Amy Carmichael was a missionary to India and she wrote this poem
that comes to my thoughts on nights like tonight.

"Thou art the Lord who slept upon the pillow,
Thou art the Lord who soothed the furious sea,
What matter beating wind and tossing billow
If only we are in the boat with Thee!

Hold us in the quiet through the age-long minute
While Thou art silent, and the wind is shrill;
Can the boat sink while Thou, dear Lord, art in it?
Can the heart faint that waiteth on Thy will?
---Toward Jerusalem---



Have you ever stood in that age-long-minute and waited?
I know I have and counted the breaths as I sat. When time
seems to stand still and it seems as if waiting has become
a way of life.


Tomorrow we might get to find out what the newest addition
to our family will be, and whether it is a girl or a boy.
So my day will drag as I pace around waiting to know how the baby is
and how the Mommy is and knowing that sometimes waiting is
a good thing.

When my girls are pregnant they are adorable.
I was the size of a barn. So I enjoy seeing how pretty they are.

Have a lovely Friday,
~Kim~

13 comments:

Kessie said...

Ooh! Oooh! I hope they find out! I'm excited! I got my laundry done too, and it was such a relief. I left it 2 days longer than usual and there was SO much.

TexWisGirl said...

oh wow! congrats to you all!

Pom Pom said...

Ha ha! I was the size of a barn, too!
I love the way your evening sounds, every thing all tidied and done and people feeling peaceful.
I don't get to find out if our next baby is a boy or a girl until January, when the eighth little cherub arrives!

Samantha said...

Exciting news!
I think all women see themselves as the size of a barn, and other women as adorable! ;)

Maryann said...

How exciting, I thought I ws the size of a barn too but we dressed differently when we were pregnant. We had these huge tops with all this fabric that hung over our bellies making us look so much bigger. Enjoy your weekend!

Julia said...

How exciting to expect a new grandchild. Waiting for the news of what gift God is creating in your daughter can seem long. It's like trying to open a gift that has too much scotch tape and ribbon on the box.

You are a bit like me in liking to have all the i's dotted and the Ts crossed before I can sit still and breath deeply and wait for the next moment to happen..

I was the size of a barn and felt like a cow... Hugs JB

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful piece...and I think we all think we were the side of a barn...I don't believe we were...we all glowed also!
I have heard they are having gender parties now...where you have a party to announce the gender...that is separate from baby showers.
Oh how different it is...and I am sure ours was from our mothers.

Have a wonderful weekend...thanks for the Amy Carmichael poem.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

I love the Amy Carmichael poem. Yes, I have waited in that age-long minute many times, and no doubt will many times more. But the bottom line is the boat is NOT going to sink, because He is in it! :)

xo

Leontien said...

That was a great poem and i LOVED the first picture! with the sunlight and all...

very very good!
Leontien

Jennifer said...

I love your description of your fall evening. It is the very best kind of evening. I am snuggling with little ones.

Dog Trot Farm said...

How exciting a new edition to the family! I truly was the size of a barn, it took me three hours to push my 11 pound heifer out!! Have a wonderful weekend Kim, I am off to harvest nature's bounty this weekend, pumpkins, gourds, bittersweet and cornstalks. Thinking of you Hugs, Julie.

Will and Tracy said...

Is Meg due tomorrow or is she just finding out via ultrasound?

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

How wonderful! Keep us posted!!!
Hugs!