Winter

Winter

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Monday Morning


Next week, we will have over 100 degree temperatures.
I am pretty happy about it. Finally normal summer. My son
was telling me how much better he feels when it is hot outside.
How he can run and run without getting tired.
The funny thing I am the same way. I can work better when it is warm
and I like it better. Not in the heat but too about noon, I can get so much
work done. Maybe the heat cooks my brain or something. But at least the
pool will be warm and I can go swimming.

I was noticing that my beets are getting ready.
I love canned beets. I can't wait until I can put
them in jars and put them on the shelf.
Short post tonight. Not lots of deep thoughts.
Right now the computer was working so I thought I
would just write something, because I could.
Have a lovely Monday!

I had something I remembered after watching my grand children.
They were playing in the fort and my grandson came over and I hugged
him and gave him a kiss. He hugged me back and as he was climbing back
up the slide, he turned and looked at my husband and said, " Gama has
kisses for everyone."
We both laughed and I thought was a nice way to be remembered. I want that
to be my epitaph, Gama had kisses for everyone." So now my husband comes up
and asks very nicely if I do, I always say yes,
~Kim~

11 comments:

Jacque. said...

ohhhhh, what a great post. Yes, Gamas are all about kisses, for sure!

TexWisGirl said...

how sweet...

Kim said...

Ok, that is just too darn cute.
Happy Monday!

Samantha said...

Very sweet post..lovely flowers!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I love this "Grama has kisses for everyone" That makes my heart swell what a great gift. B

Debbie said...

I hadn't heard the heat was coming this week...you knew it would. I'll try to get on board being happy about it too, haha...SUCH a sweet comment. One you'll remember always for sure. Have a wonderful day! HUGS!

no spring chicken said...

I loved your parting thought Kim. What a way to be viewed. Especially by the innocent who have no agenda. If that was how people remembered me I would know that my life was lived with purpose. Good job gama.

Blessings, Debbie

Julia said...

How cute for your grandson to have con that phrase "Gama has kisses for everyone" How lovely. Have a great week and do a little swimming for me. Hugs, JB

Anonymous said...

canned beets -- yummy -- and "kisses for everyone" to cute indeed -- love to be thought of that -- I am known for hugs..wink!

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

What a great epitaph that would be! Your hubby sounds as cute as the grand-boy...with both of them appreciating the good hugs!
Hugs to you!!
Courtney

Debbie said...

super sweet post....

nothing better then love & kisses!!!!