Winter

Winter

Friday, November 5, 2010

Magic Mountain


One of the things our family has done for years,
is go to Magic Mountain the first Friday in November.
The park is only opened to home school families and
we have gotten really spoiled because we don't wait for
very long in line if there is a line.


I wanted to show you a picture of the Grapevine.

The road goes through these mountains to L.A.
I should have got a picture of the San Andreas Fault
that runs through it but I didn't. The land is owned
By the Tejon Ranch. Right now they just have lots
of cattle grazing on it.

Remember, I don't take pictures of myself, but
I am doing this for the blog. That is also a picture
of my husband.

The boys are walking ahead of my daughter and me
and we are having a discussion how nothing has changed
since the squaws carried all of the tepees, the babies,
and who knows what. My daughter and I had the backpacks
with water and the guys are walking ahead. :)

I thought this was a pretty picture with the gorgeous
trees and the blue sky and the roller-coaster.

That is my daughter in the middle. These were really
cute boys and I think they enjoyed having their picture
taken with her.

My husband left for a bit and came back with this
tattoo. I have laughed and laughed. It takes 5 days
to wash off. I can't believe he did that. He is just
so funny and still surprises me. It is a fiery sword.

I just had to take a picture of this, I rode it!!!
I was so afraid for years I think I am going to ride it
then I just couldn't make myself. This year my husband
put his arm around me and said, "Come on, face your fears!!"
So it did it. But as we are going up and up and up about
3 times past what I was comfortable with then I decided it was my
favorite ride in the park.

The boys as we are leaving.

I wanted you to see how flat and brown it is when
we reach the valley on the way home. I rode more
roller-coasters than I have ever before.
Thank you for coming along. You know I would have
taken you, right?
Have a lovely Saturday.

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

13 comments:

Meg said...

You rode Goliath?? WEEEEE!! Good for you! It took me awhile to build up the courage for it too. Something about H. men making you face your fears though... I'm so proud of you! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I hope we can go next year.

TexWisGirl said...

Oh you're much braver than I am! I HATE roller coasters! Your kids are so cute, and you and your hubby look so sweet and happy! Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Miss Debbie said...

I'm proud of you! Looks like you had a beautiful day for an outing.

Kent Island Red said...

NO WAY, NO HOW would ANYBODY get me on a roller coaster, Kim! I'd rather sleep locked in a haunted house, by myself for the entire night than ride a roller coaster. Seriously. Instant heart attack. Not happening. EVER.

Glad you enjoyed your day though.

Razzberry Corner said...

Oh, that looks like such a fun day!!! The thing I hate about amusement parks is the long lines. Sometimes the rides just aren't worth the wait! It's nice that on this day you have the rides all to yourselves!!

Tulip said...

Can you see my epic pout?

What a beautiful, God-kissed day your pictures tell me you enjoyed! Friday I worked in my little dungeon of an office where there are noticeably no rollercoasters and the cold rain fell outside... wanna switch?

Patrice said...

It looks like you had a wonderful day! Those are some great looking kids. You'll have to share the ages sometime. I totally echo the sentiment of Kent Island Red. No way, no how! I used to do all the rides, but having kids somehow affected my inner dare devil. That inner dare devil has to get out to the greenhouse to plant like crazy. I have some messy clean-up chores and it's easier to procrastinate.It is very cold here, so if the sun comes out, I'll be warm in the greenhouse.
Have a pleasant Saturday!

Dawn said...

This looks like one super DAY!!!
And I am soooo proud of you for riding on that coaster.
Very brave!
Very very brave!!!!
Have a wonderful weekend:)

Verde Farm said...

Kim, I love your family and what cool parent you and hubby are. You can tell you all really have a great time together and your kids are just beautiful. I want to be an honorary family member...can I?? :)
Amy xo

Kim said...

You guys all looked like you were having so much fun! I can't believe you rode that roller coaster! I am so impressed. I have never built up the courage yet. Maybe someday......

mariel said...

sounds like fun! love the tatoo...at least it washes off in 5 days!! heehee!!

Julia said...

Kim, you and your family are very special. What a great experience to have confronted your fears. Brave woman. It looks like a fun filled day for the whole family.

I was on a roller coster twice in my life. The last time was when my little daughter wanted to go on and I was refusing and she was insisting so much that I gave in. I had one hand holding her and the other hand holding the bar in front and the operator had witnessed my reluctance of getting on and had kept his eyes on me. I was white as a ghost and had my eyes closed tight. The wheel made two turns and came to a stop and the operator called his friend to operate the wheel and offered to go in with my daughter for the rests of the ride. I was so thankful that he stopped the coaster to let me off. I thought that my heart would stop. I never went on another crazy ride after that. My daughter on the other hand had the time of her life. Have a great weekend. JB

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Toooooooooo much fun!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing..I smiled all the way through your post!
Go Girl...on that roller coaster...my meal would have be all over someone!
Great pictures!