Winter

Winter

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday


I was walking around in the cold, frost on the ground, the leaves falling from the trees and in the very back all by itself was this sunflower. It had made it through the storm and even its leaves are wrinkled and crinkled, but its face turned to the sun, the hope of a new morning. It made me so happy, because you know how much I love sunflowers. My early Christmas present.

I read this poem this morning, and even though I have read it so often and have worked on memorizing it.
There is a peace that cometh after sorrow,
Of hope surrendered, not of hope fulfilled;
A peace that looketh not upon tomorrow,
But calmly on a tempest that it stilled.

A peace that lives not now in joy's excesses,
Nor in the happy life of love secure,
But in the unerring strength the heart possesses.
Of conflicts won while learning to endure.

A peace there is , in sacrifice secluded,
A life subdued, from will and passion free;
Tis not the peace that over Eden brooded,
But that which triumphed in Gethsemane.

Today is one of those days, this leaf was all by itself on the tree and as I took the picture I could see beyond the leaf up to the blue, blue sky. The gold on the tree next to it and all of it makes me so happy, what else makes me happy, my grand babies will all be here today and my wonderful daughters and we will have a wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: