Winter

Winter

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Some Engagement Photos

When I was a little girl, I heard my Grandmother say, " Every ole crow thinks her crow is the blackest."
I didn't know what that meant and had to have my Dad explain it to me. I love those old sayings because they are filled with such truth. So I am sharing that today. My daughter and Nik, had some engagement photos taken on Friday. I love them. I thought I would share a few. The first ones I will share were taken at our train station.

Then they went to a place in the middle of town called River Walk Park. It has bike paths and some small lakes. It is a very pretty place.

We have been lucky this time around doing a wedding. My DIL's sister is doing the photography. My SIL is doing the catering. My son who is the graphic artist is doing the save the date cards and the invitations. I feel very blessed to have so many talented people in our family and our extended family. I keep thinking as I come up with more ideas of decorating my front yard. If we can pull this off, it will be very pretty. Emilie has already learned so much about flowers.

Can you see the hat? A long time ago, I was going to start collecting hats. I wanted a collection of antique hats so I started combing antique stores. This was when you could get them for a dollar or two. Well then someone got the idea that vintage clothes were in and those hats became out of my price range. That is the only one I have. I love it because it still has the original hand sewn tag in it I was so thrilled that she wanted to wear it for her photos. You can't see it in the photo but around the hat brim is a row of rhinestones.

This is just because they are always goofing off and having fun. They have a good time most of the time and you can always hear one of them laughing about something.

They are fun and they do make me laugh as well. I was thinking yesterday how blessed we are because of the people God brought into our lives through marriage.
When I would bring a new baby home from the hospital, I would always wonder at how the new little person would just fit and we would wonder how it was we ever lived without that little person in our life. Now I have the joyful experience of sharing it again. God has brought such magic and blessing with each person one of our kids has married. I can't imagine life without them. I am thankful that God continues to expand our family.
The Poem by Robert Browning called Rabbi Ben Ezra

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in His hand
Who saith "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God: see all, nor be afraid!'' 
 
I think it says it best. God has done such great things for me in spite of the many ways I have muddled it up. 
I am thankful.
Thank you for coming along on my bragging post today. 
 
~Kim~

30 comments:

Alica said...

Oh Kim, they are such a handsome couple! Have fun with all the planning...it sounds like you already are!

Kim said...

Those are great photos. They look so happy. And the photographer really captured their fun adventurous spirit. Gorgeous!

Sue said...

A very beautiful couple, Kim, I wish all the happiness possible for them! Your daughter looks so much like you! I have always loved this poem.
Thanks for sharing and I am looking forward to more photos.
Blessings,
Sue

Kessie said...

I love those pictures! Especially the train station ones. Looks like they're eloping! Or they're just in an old movie, which is probably what they were going for.

Beth said...

What a cute couple! They look so very happy!

Julia said...

Kim, your grandmother was right.
What great photos and I love this vintage take on the engagement photos. Very creative. I'm glad that you have so many talented people to share in the planning of this wedding. You're going to have so much good fun and I'm glad that you won't be alone doing all the preparations.

God is good.
Hugs,
JB

NanaNor's said...

Hi Kim, I still have trouble realizing that you have grown kids-I mean you look like a kid yourself. Your daughter is so beautiful and her man so handsome. I love the vintage look of the engagement photos-so timeless. The years pass quickly! My oldest daughter is pregnant with #6, how can it be?! Enjoy all the prep-I know the wedding will be incredible. I am blessed with two great sil's that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Hugs, Noreen

TexWisGirl said...

your daughter is just beautiful. happy, happy couple.

Nancy said...

WOW is all I can say....I love that they chose to do the vintage pictures; they are incredible.....You can just see the happiness and joy between them which will help them so much as married life unfolds......

She is so beautiful and I pray their life together will be filled with peace and joy......

Christine said...

Oh Kim! They are the epitome of 'Love's young dream!'
Gorgeous photos and the hat is timeless! Your daughter wears it so well!
God bless you all especially in the next few months!
Christine

Debbie said...

Oh Kim I loved everything about this post! The engagement pics are just wonderful! How beautiful your daughter is, and Nik is quite handsome! Such good ideas for the pictures. I love her whole outfit, but the hat is REALLY good! I love engagement pictures. They just show the joy soo well in their hearts! I am loving how it is all coming together for you, and how so many are helping out. Can't wait for the big event! Thanks for sharing these, I truly loved seeing them. Enjoy the rest of your day!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Lovely shots- just gorgeous. I love that vintage hat too.

Nellie said...

Beautiful couple and beautiful photos! Love the Browning poem!

xo Nellie

Debbie said...

oooohhhh Kim, they are so cute and so in love! Awesome photography! She looks like you, I remember what you look like from the hola hoe video!

Miss Debbie said...

Glad the plans are going well and that you have such wonderful help. Love the pictures and the poem!!

Dog Trot Farm said...

Oh Kim, you must be so proud, what a beautiful daughter, what a beautiful couple Emilie and Nik make. How lucky is he to be joining your amazing, talented family...I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness...Blessings, Julie.

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Kim, such a beautiful couple, wonderful happy pictures...Blessings Francine.

Anonymous said...

A very sweet post, Kim. Blessings.

camp and cottage living said...

Kim
The kids look like they are right out of an advertisement from the 50's. They look so cute and like they are enjoying each others company!
I bet the wedding will be a smash with so many talented people involved.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Oh Kim, there isn't a bad photo in the bunch. Your daughter is beautiful and they make a lovely couple. I especially like the one were Emilie is jumping up on the train.

Patrice said...

How adorable! She is going to be one beautiful bride!!!

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim! Your daughter is pretty like YOU!
The photos are so fun, so glorious!

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Oh Kim these are just precious....as I look through my daughter's pictures also I have the same thoughts as you have penned here today....life is good and God is faithful.

Oh this is a wonderful fun filled season- she is beautiful!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kim~
What fun pictures. Your daughter is gorgeous!
Hugs :)
Lauren

myletterstoemily said...

you should be a very proud mama to have
such a beautiful daughter! i love that she
wore your hat.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Kim,

I'm smiling now from their smiling faces in the pics! Your daughter is beautiful and her husband to be is a handsome young man! You all are blessed! Love the pics and poses! So darling! Congratulations!

Blessings,
Tammy

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Your daughter is such a lovely young lady ... and I'm sure she's just as beautiful on the inside. Thanks for sharing these pictures - they brought a smile to my face today.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

What a gorgeous young lady your daughter is! I love the photos - elegant but loads of fun too :)

God's blessings to them both x

Empty Nester said...

Oh my goodness they are just so dang CUTE! I love how happy they look and I my wish for them is that are always AT LEAST that happy.

Cathy G. said...

Hi Kim,
I am so far behind in my blog reading! I doubt I'll ever catch up! I have to tell you how sweet and precious those photos are of your daughter and her fiance'! They have really captured their fun and adventuresome spirit! Such beautiful people! I wish them blessings in abundance as they plan for their big day!
Thank-you for sharing them with us here in blogland!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G