Winter

Winter

Monday, January 7, 2013

The Simple Woman's Day Book---January Edition

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... It is cloudy and cold. The air is sweet and feels like diving into a cold swimming pool on a hot summer day. It is refreshing and clear and brisk. Right now, I am in love with winter this second week of January.

I am thinking... I have so many things to get accomplished today. I really shouldn't be on the computer. The laundry piles are huge mountains to climb. School needs to be started. The dog decided this weekend was a good weekend to shed all over the place.

I am thankful... That I have a nice roof over my head. That I have electricity. That I have lots of normal to get done today. I like normal.

In the kitchen...My son is eating breakfast before he goes to work. He will be the third person out the door this morning. Emilie starts her new job today. I am so excited for her. I can't wait to hear all about what she learns on her first day.

I am wearing... Sweats and a white shirt and tennis shoes. When I use bleach and cleaners I always wear things that won't be destroyed.

I am creating...I have four rugs and three counted cross stitch patterns I am working on.

I am going...to keep looking forward and not back.

I am wondering...If I will be able to do all that I have set my face to do this year.

I am reading...Christy, Bleak House, My Bible and all of my devotionals, I got a new one using the selected writings of C.S. Lewis which is fantastic. 

I am hoping...That we keep getting rain, and that it stays cold. I am not ready for any kind of warm up yet.

I am looking forward to...This weekend

I am learning... No body cares what I get done or what I don't get done for the wedding. All that really matters is that the bride and groom are there. The vows are short and the food is served quick and there is lots of it.

Around the house...

I am pondering...How long I will be upstairs today doing school.

A favorite quote for today..." Know that the Lord is God It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture, Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise, give thanks to him and praise his name." (Psalm 100:3-4)

One of my favorite things...right now are lambs and sheep. I just can't get enough of looking at them. I guess it is because this time of year the shepherd bring the sheep to eat down the alfalfa fields. I always think of that this time of year and listening to them and watching them as I drive by.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I am watching my four grandsons this week. Peter is driving with a instructor this week. Lots of things going on.

A peek into my day...



Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have a very nice week.

~Kim~

19 comments:

Alica said...

It's fun to hear what you're up to! Someday I'll do one of these. :)

TexWisGirl said...

this was my favorite line: I have lots of normal to get done today.

Debbie said...

i always enjoy these!! mine would be very different!! send me some energy!!

Beth said...

I too need some of your energy. Even a little bit would help. ;-)

Primitive Stars said...

Great guns....your energy is so wonderful, Blessings Francine.

Nellie said...

It appears that you have quite a lot going on, especially for a "simple woman.":-)

xo Nellie

Kim said...

Love this today. Reading your thoughts on the weather made me smile. And realize just how far apart we are :)
Loved your thoughts on the wedding too. All people really want are for the couple to be happy. (and good food LOL)

Christine said...

You should be nominated for 'Multi-tasking Mom of the Decade award! So much going on but your verses from the Psalms are wonderful to focus on - God is all we need. 'We are His' - how amazing is that!
Thank you so much for sharing today!
Christine

Miss Debbie said...

Looking forward and not looking back...that is a good thing!

Julia said...

Oh my, I'm getting so far behind in my house work that nothing seems normal any more, and I just do what I can and leave the rest for Whenever but Whenever never come around to help me any more. hahaha.

You have so much energy, you should bottle some for the wedding day.

Good idea about the wedding. The principal thing is not to impress the guess but to have them share in the celebration and have relaxed fun. The main thing is to have them feel welcome and appreciated.

Hugs.
JB

Kessie said...

It's been gray and cloudy all day. Nice, isn't it? I think C's second set of molars are coming through, because she's been uber-fussy and cranky, but she's not sick otherwise. It's been a little ... trying.

Empty Nester said...

hahahahahah---Ma and Pa Kettle! Used to LOVE it when one of their movies would come on. I'm in love with winter right now too. And also not ready for a warm up of any kind. But we have one coming this week. Temps in the 70s. And I'm dreading it. So sad that we can't just have a dang winter. Could you share the title of that devotional? I'd like to check it out for my dad and step-mom. I am wondering why I took this job and pondering how long I want to keep it. I miss being home all day and doing what I want to do. I was spoiled.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Kim ~
WOW! Sounds like you really have your act together. Can I be a little envious???
Hugs :)
Lauren

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

fun post...and you get more accomplished than 10 women..and yes on the wedding, I am feeling the same, they will be married at the end of the day not matter what details were missed

Dawn said...

I love your creativity. It's good to know someone else is out there wondering how long they will be up there doing school for the day. Some days are wayyy too long;)

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love these lines: That I have lots of normal to get done today. I like normal. ;-)

Sue said...

Just enjoyed reading of your day, and of your plans. They say a busy person is a happy person and you always have such a busy schedule! I too am so busy I just don't have time to post, and barely have time to visit my friends here in blogland, and yesI need to be off doing laundry instead of blogging, but just had to come by as I didn't visit yesterday, I am still unpacking boxes, and yesterday found me taking down our Christmas tree. ~smile~
Hugs,
Sue

Kerin said...

Sounds like a busy, but normal week :)

Hope you are able to get everything accomplished on your to-do list.

Have a very happy day :)

Joyful said...

Enjoyed your post and your idea about what to wear when working with bleach. You'd think after years of ruining good/new tops, I'd learn my lesson! lol Enjoy your new year. Blessings. xx