Winter

Winter

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wedneday Words for Weight Loss


This is a post for Wednesday Words for Weightloss.
Patrice has had a hard couple of days with Wendall her horse.
I am glad he is okay for now. Now that Easter is past it will
be good to not want to run every time I go to the grocery store
away from all of the candy. I think there has been Easter candy
in the store since February 15th.

Questions
1. As the weather is getting warm, I want to know if you're a person for the higher temps or one who likes to be in with the air conditioning.

I live in the Central Valley of California. This year has been wonderful and cool but most years my kids will swim in February. Our temps in the summer are about 100 degrees. A nice cool day will be 90 degrees. When we have heat waves, the nights will not get down below 90. I try to stay outside in the mornings and the evenings.
I do like hot weather but always I am excited to see fall. I get so tired of air conditioning, and I do turn it off in the house until the house gets about 85 degrees. I would rather just keep the windows open.

2. Shorts or capris? Both. When I work in the garden and no one can see me I wear shorts. If people will be around I always wear capris.

3. Do you need the prescribed 8 hours of sleep, or can you get by with more or less?

I really prefer 1o hours of sleep, but I have to live with 8 because my husband wakes up
so early and just keeps going and going. He is happy and excited every morning to greet the day.
Where I might be a tad grumpy, well a lot grumpy until I have woke up a bit more. Now that my kids work, at dumb places think it is good to work your kids until midnight I sleep a whole lot less.
4. What's your favorite healthy snack?
My favorite right now is Greek yogurt. I am in love with the stuff. I could eat it three meals a day and have eaten I know for two. I like a bit of fresh fruit in it and I am one happy camper.

5. Tell me one thing you can do for yourself this week that would make you feel good.

I think getting back on my walking schedule. I really miss my walks in the morning. I have
had some early morning things going on and I can't seem to get outside and my schedule is all
out of sync right now. I even sat with my day planner trying to work some time in Sunday night
and there are just other things that take precedence. It is the end of the school year so there is lots going on.

Stop by and visit Patrice and enjoy her lovely blog.



12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i prefer 10 hours of sleep too! 5 dogs don't allow that to happen anymore. but i do sneak in naps in the afternoon when i can!

Julia said...

I get by on 6 hours of sleep and it is usually interrupted sleep. I used to go to bed early but this blogging thing fills my late nights.

I would die in that California heat. I have difficulty breathing when it's hot and humid and I prefer dry and cooler temperature but then, I don't have a pool and i don't have an air conditioner either, except in the car.

I'm wearing capri right now and when it gets hotter I wear shorts.

The thing that I could do for myself that would make me feel good would be to paint my toe nails. It doesn't take much to make me happy.

I enjoyed my little visit. Hugs, JB

Patrice said...

I am totally addicted to greek yogurt! I missed a lot of sleep last night. I actually had to take a nap after lunch to retain any semblance of personality for the remainder of the day! Take care.

Allison said...

1. Warm weather suits me fine... and California is nice and dry which makes it bearable! :) Where I live, it's damp as the English countryside, and while that makes it green and pretty, it also makes it cold, cold cold.

2. Capris. Shorts show off my thick, knobby knees. :(

3. I always sleep less than 8 hours because I don't like going to bed... and I work late at night. But I'd do better to get 8 or 9, to be honest. Be less cranky too! :)

4.Oreos (who says they're not healthy?)

5. I went running yesterday, which always makes me feel good. And I repainted my toenails. I ought to tell myself that I'm ok the way I am... that would do me a world of good.

Hugs!

Homeschool on the Croft said...

I can not imagine that kind of heat! I've linked up too, so my answer to this question comes from such a different viewpoint :)

Shorts would show off my knobby knees too, Allison! (My varicose veined knees...yuck!)

Empty Nester said...

I can't sleep for 10 hours- I get stiff and headachey. If it gets to 85 in my house, my mood is going to be very bad. LOL

Good luck getting back into walking every day. I started walking Tucker every day in January 2010 and we've never looked back- it really has become one thing I love to do that gets me outside!

Cathy Kennedy said...

What's the humidity like in central California? The humidity is what kills us here in the Tennessee Valley. 80 degrees can feel super horrible.

Visiting from WWWL...
Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Read today's post...Mommy is Trying to Exercise Right Now

Jacque. said...

Hey Kim

Love these posts...little bits of information to learn more about you. I don't sleep much...about 6 hours and I'm good. Never sleep in on the weekends, either. There is a lot of humidity here in WI and that really can do one in on a high temp day.

Kim said...

I do not like it when it gets too hot. I would wilt in California LOL Capris most of the time - shorts when no one is around. Healthy snack sounds strange to me. Snacks should be chocolate.

Miss Debbie said...

I keep seeing ads for Greek yogurt. I guess I need to try it. I like other kinds...what is the difference?

Dawn said...

I cannot remember the last time I got more than 6 hours of sleep in one night. Maybe THAT is why I can't seem to keep Crabby away?
:)

Anonymous said...

1. both - I like it cool on my face but love to live in the 80's temp..2. shorts at the knee or capris for sure. 3. need at least 8 hours.. 4. cold cut-up raw yums / never had greek yogurt.. 5. swimming the best - does not hurt my body -