I hope you are having a nice start to the New Year. On to this week's questions:
1. Do you make New Years resolutions?
Not this year, just lots of lists.
2. What do you hope to accomplish this year?
My main ones are getting Emilie married and my son's graduation from high school. Then hanging up my teacher hat of 25 years. That one is very scary for me.
3. Tell me about your favorite place to think, create, or just relax.
I have this old blue rocking chair that is by a window. I sit in the early morning light and drink my coffee. I sit and think and I have my Bible close and I sit and have my quiet time there. I also have chairs every where around here to sit and reflect and think.
4. Are you a fan of old movies? (Like the ones that were originally black and white.)
I love old movies!!!
5. Tell me something that made you happy since our last porch visit. If you're new to the chats, tell me something good that has happened to you lately.
I have had lots of things that have made me happy this holiday season. I think one of the best was, I had been cooking for all of the people that were here for dinner. I hadn't had much time to just hang out with all of my grand children. I have a picnic table that my kids used when they were small and when ever they come for dinner we bring it in the house so they can have their own little table.
I had a break and I walked in to see if they needed anything and all six of them turned at once and they all shouted, " Hi Grandma!"
I loved seeing their happy faces and how every single one of them were so happy to see me. At that moment I felt like I had the best life in the whole world and it made every thing I did that day worth it.
I am so thankful this year and this has been such a nice week to get caught up on my house work.
Thank you for stopping by today,