Winter

Winter

Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Pretties!


Today is another Friday Pretties, hosted by Joyce at
I Love Pretty Things.
When our grandsons were born and in the hospital,
God, ministered to us and our families. I wrote down,
things that God spoke to me in a journal. I thought today
I would post some of those things that I consider pretties.

"A pearl I'm told, is a wound healed."
(Gail MacDonald)

" God, she said, " Carefully and lovingly takes broken
pieces of our lives and glues them back together again."
(Ruth Graham)

We ponder God's withholding or bestowing,
and while we pine for what was never given,
and what was taken,
Today slips through our fingers.
(Theresa Burleson)

Make me faithful, Lord. Make me humble enough
to keep me on doing what I know I am supposed to
be doing, and joyfully expectant of finding you close
by while I work.

My rules for life:
Faithful is HE who calls you, and HE also will bring
it to pass.
Rejoice always.
Pray without ceasing.
IN EVERYTHING give thanks; For this is
God's will for you.
(1 Thessalonians 5:16,17,18,24)

Thank you again Joyce for hosting Friday Pretties.
Thank you to all of you who visit and read my posts.
You are a blessing to me.
Now that my daughter finally shared it, I can too,
I am going to be a grandmother of 6!!! Isn't that
so sweet.
Have a lovely Friday!

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!

(Psalm. 107:6)

6 comments:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful post. First of all the pearls got me...they are also the gift for 30 year wedding anniversary. I loved that since they are formed from an irritation in the oyster...like marriage those irritations when accepted can bring forth such beauty.
Well congratulations on number 6 grandchild!!! How exciting!!! Your table is of fruitful vines is growing each day...what a blessing!!

mariel said...

congratulations on a new grandbaby coming your way!! what a gift from the Lord! These friday pretties are beautiful, too!

Kim said...

Congratulations of the new addition - a blessing and a joy. A beautiful post and photos. I love the pearls also. A lot of lessons to be learned there from taking an irritation and turning it into a jewel!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby! That is very exciting news!

Cotton Eyed Jo said...

Congratulations on another grandchild. Like pearls you can never have too many! :)


So many lovely pictures, and lovely thoughts as well. You have become like my daily homemade bread and butter. Simple truth that is a staple for happiness. Reminders of all the insights of yourself, the bible, or others. What a nice combo you do serve up!

Have a great weekend. :)

Simple Home said...

Congratulations on the wonderful news about a new little one coming into your family. I can tell that it will be well loved.
Very pretty pictures too.
Blessings,
Marcia