Tuesday, August 16, 2011
This morning I was over visiting at Gumbo Lilly's and she had a
wonderful post about Sacred Days. I read through her post and as
I had been sitting here in stage three panic. ( School starts Monday.)
I thought instead of sitting here focusing on all of the things I need
to do and yes, even grumbling a bit that summer is over, why not
write some things that I am so thankful for and count my haves and
quit looking at the rest.
1. Having peace.
2. A clean house, clean clothes and food to eat.
3. Having all of the wonderful grand babies God has been so gracious to give us, as a gift.
4. Living a life, I only dreamed about, so that sometimes, I want to pinch myself in case,
it is but a dream.
5. My wonderful, very sweet husband, who still thinks I am funny and laughs all the time
at the stuff I say.
6. All of my children, who still like me and still like to hang out with me.
7. I should put this first as without it none of this matters, but having a relationship
with the Maker of heaven and earth who makes my life and all that is in it possible.
8. Watching the leaves drift down from the tree in front.
9. The smell of fall on the wind.
10. Fresh coffee brewing in the kitchen.
11. Sitting on the patio, having my first cup of coffee and watching the sun rise.
12. That God restores the years the locust have eaten.
13. I am glad I am here. Each decade has it's own challenges, 20s about being newly
married, 30s having a family and life. 40s finding out I didn't know it all. But 50s so far
have been the best, because now I know for sure I don't know a darn thing.
I can't do a single thing unless God is in it, and I know that I won't be getting better
with age, so I better stick real close to God to keep me nice so people won't run
the other way when they see me coming.
Just some thoughts today. Staring at the ocean makes me sit and think.
I hear the hawk so I need to go out and check my chickens. Have a wonderful