Sunday, February 13, 2011
Happy Valentines Day
One of the things that was a shock to me when we went
to premarriage counseling with the pastor who was going to marry
us said that we were not going to always be madly in love.
He read to us from 1 Corinthians 13, but one thing
I found almost impossible was in that verse that " Love suffers
long and is kind." How would we ever make each other suffer.
I knew he was perfect.
The thing about love that a person getting married needs to know is
that sometimes the person we love most in the world will also be the
one who can and will drive you to total distraction. My husband has
lots of experience with that one. :)
"Sometimes our feelings of love evaporate, that we have freedom
to choose to go on loving." (Elisabeth Elliot, Alone with God)
I think it has always been important to teach my kids this part of life.
It being Valentines Day I thought I would share some things I thought about
today. My husband said he was sure you would be sick of hearing all of this
junk. I told him it was Valentines Day and they would understand.
14 Things I Love About My Husband.
1. He has seen me in every shape and size and he still thinks round is
2. Every morning, he gets up, and brings me coffee in bed, then we sit
and share about our day, in the quiet and the dark as the sun comes up.
3. He would fix me breakfast every day if I wanted.
4. He laughs at all of the stupid and crazy stuff I say.
5. He never gets mad when I get a ticket, or back into another car, he just
wants to make sure I am okay.
6. He thinks every thing I cook is great.
7. He goes grocery shopping with me.
8. He goes to work every day so I can live the kind of life I do.
9. He loves our kids and grand kids.
10. He loves, and I mean loves babies.
11. He can make anything.
12. He never gives up on anyone.
11. I got really sick, I couldn't stand up and he held me while I was sick, and
told me over and over how much he loved me.
12. He plays his guitar at night while I sew and he fixes my computer and he
fixes my chicken pens.
13. He cooks dinner on weekends.
14. He always says he would marry me again.
I just have to be mushy a little bit. I get that way on Valentines Day. I like my
kids to have cupcakes and I like flowers on the table.
I really have to say that if not for the continued love and support from my husband
I hate to think how and what I might have been. Because he is who he is I have reaped the benefits.
I don't think I would have ever understood the love of God if not seeing first
in my husband his love for me. He was the believer and I wasn't. I always say,
that my husband loved me to God. It has taught me so much.
I hope you have a very Happy Valentines Day.