Winter

Winter

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Just Some Odds and Ends


All of my life, I have felt that life is an adventure and there are so many things that make it fun and exciting.
When we were going to get married, and Ron was still in college and my Grandpa, who never said a single bad thing about anyone asked me once. " Kim are you sure about this? I have known some computer programmers and well, you know they are just different." I said, " Yes, Papa, I am more sure about this than anything I have ever done in my life. " He nodded his head very slowly with a far away look in his eye. Years later, after the whole world was into the computer age, " He told me, " I was wrong wasn't I?" I have always had this idea that life always works out, not like maybe we envisioned it to be, but lots of times better than we ever dreamed.


It is with that attitude, I have tried to look at this whole eye thing. I thought I would tell you a funny story.
I have a cat that stays with me where ever I go, she is a bob tail cat. When I cook dinner she sits in this one place and watches me. The other night I was cooking dinner and I thought she was sitting there watching me and I was talking to her, thankfully it was just me and her. When I asked her,"  if she wanted to go in the garage"  As I walked over to where I thought she was sitting, I realized that whole time I had been talking to Sasha's pull rope that she dropped.


The other night I was taking some trash out to the trash cans and in the dim light of the porch light, I thought I was looking at an animal. I must have stood there for ten minutes trying to figure out what it was I was looking at, at one point it looked like a dinosaur, so I knew that was wrong, finally I realized that it was a scooter handle Peter had used to prop open the gate when he was mowing the lawn earlier in the day.


What I have learned from all of this, is that sometimes, seeing things isn't about what is right in front of my eyes. To look sometimes means removing  my presuppositions and to focus on what is real and what is my imagination.  I also miss lots and lots of things. Yesterday, I went out to get a trashcan out at the road. There were two surveyors with their equipment at my fence. I never saw them until I was almost upon them.

 I notice, feelings a lot clearer now. I can feel emotions because I can't depend on my sight. I can walk into a place and I can feel when people are sad, or agitated and the one thing I have noticed, I don't feel many happy people. People say lots of things on the outside, but the feelings often aren't there.


I have to depend so much more on my hearing. Oh and clumsy, I am so clumsy, I never was very graceful, but the way I stumble around now, you would think I have been getting into the rum. So this is an interesting adventure I am on. Yesterday, in my Bible reading I was reminded to " Fret not yourself." Today, I was reminded, " I will not fail thee. nor forsake thee, Be strong and of a good courage.What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." I love old King James.

So as I go along this adventure and I find just joy as I never thought a trial would bring me. I really think me going through a trial is easier than watching my kids go though one.


Have a lovely Tuesday, I know this is a long post as blogger, is complaining. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy day, to read these ramblings. I am just surprised every day by joy.

~Kim~
" Lord, the newness of the day
Calls me to an untried way;
Let me gladly take the road,
Give me strenght to bear my load,
Thou my guide and helper be---
I will travel through with thee.
---Henry van Dyke---

18 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

so how soon is this surgery going to take place? sounds like you are in desperate need of it, dearie!

Julia said...

Your bad vision makes for great stories.
I didn't know that Ron was a computer programer. That's what my son in law does.

I'm counting the day to your surgery. Hang in there and don't be afraid. I can't wait to read your exuberant joy when you can see well again.
Hugs,
JB

Kim said...

Kim, I knew your eyes were bad but I had no idea they were that bad. When is this surgery?? Good grief, I just want to cover you in bubble wrap and stick you in the corner until it is over. Be careful!

Christine said...

Sending hugs Kim. I can sense your need of encouragement and you've surely found it in Gods word 'Thou God, seest me'
Praying for you
Christine

Kessie said...

You walk into a place and feel how it is, even more than usual? Yikes! If you lived centuries ago, you'd be one of those blind oracles.


I'm glad you're almost ready for the surgery. It'll be so nice to see again. :-)

Gumbo Lily said...

Just think, these will be mere memories when your eye surgery happens. Looking forward to your new perspective when that day arrives.

Meg said...

Wow, I guess it is quite a blessing, being able to tune into your other senses when your sight is failing you. I was always amazed at hearing stories of what blind people can hear and feel, things that other people who rush around with their eyes fully functioning don't even notice. It will be nice when you are back to "normal" though and I don't have to worry about you being stubborn and driving by yourself. ;) I like that you thought there was a dinosaur, that's cute.

M.E. Masterson said...

Lots of prayers that your surgery is a success and comes soon for ya!

Miss Debbie said...

Your stories made me smile and so does the sweet way you are handling this "adventure". I so admire that you are finding joy , not in spite of it, but because of it! What a wonderful testimony to your faith in God and your trust in Him! Bless you, Friend!

Nellie said...

I enjoy your stories, Kim. Also, I send along my thoughts and prayers as you work through the difficulties with your vision. xo Nellie

Thistle Cove Farm said...

KFV is my favorite as well and your Grandpa was a very wise man.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim! I'm so glad that you have a good sense of humor about your vision issues. Soon you will be seeing clear as a bell! Yahoo!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

When is your eye surgery? So hoping that you will see things more clearly. We take so many things for granted so much, and when it is not there anymore, we miss it. Soon you will get your sight back and it will be better. Spring is coming fast, and you need to enjoy your flowers and all that God has created for you.

Debbie said...

Vision comes in many forms, Kim, I understand that!!

Anonymous said...

What you have told is true. Expectations leads to disappointment. Need to lead the life as it comes. Take things easy. Life will be good.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh HUGS HUGS HUGS I agree it is easier to go through the trails and tribulations of life ourselves than watching our children go through it.
Oh your Grandfather seems like a good man to tell you how he felt and then acknowledge the way he was thinking.
Oh take care my friend, you have wise words to go by. Hug B

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

What fabulous insight you're sharing with us ... your testimony is proof that Romans 8:28 is truth.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Have you ever been with someone when you are shopping and all of a sudden after you have stopped talking you notice they are three racks of clothes over and you were left talking to yourself for who knows how long. The cat story reminds me a little of that. At least you were home were you are safe and comfortable.