Winter

Winter

Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Beautiful Day

Yesterday my niece brought Daffodils over from her house for the table decorations. Two vases of them. I cringed inside because that means she took her Mom's Daffodils. This time of year, flowers are so precious. I have stood and stared at them and when she asked if I wanted some I of course jumped at the chance. They are so pretty and so happy.


 See how pretty they are with their happy faces.

The blueberry bushes are like small bells. This morning though they looked frozen.

My Camellia is loaded with buds and even a few have opened. I don't think I was more glad to see anything that this bit of red.


 We might have 70 degree temps today so we might have a few more opened. Yesterday, Ron was able to get all of his scions grafted onto root stock. He grafted sixteen trees yesterday.

I finished binding my chicken rug and got it all steamed. It was just a fun rug. Just because I like to hook.


Here is a close up of the chicken. I do like that shape.

I am working on my Mrs. Rabbit rug. I thought I would show you some progress.

This is Mrs. Rabbit. I am enjoying this so much. I thought I would show you the difference in size.

The Mrs. Rabbit is a big rug. My favorite size rug is the chicken rug because I can hook that in about a week. Binding doesn't take that long either. Mrs. Rabbit is a whole different story.

It is going to be a lovely day. I am almost through my have too list. My eye surgery is on February 18.
I think next week I will be making food and putting it in the freezer. Getting the house clean so I won't be tempted to clean it. I hope getting the second eye done will be much faster and I hope they can do it in March.

I hope you have a lovely Sunday,
~Kim~

 Many a questioning, many a fear,
Many a doubt hath its quieting here.
Moment by moment, let down by heaven,
Time, opportunity, guidance are given.
Fear not tomorrow, child of the King---
Trust them to Jesus, Do the next thing!
---An Old Saxon legend carved in an old English Parsonage.---

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yay for eye surgery coming quickly! that mrs. rabbit is a big one!

Gail said...

Eye surgery scheduled and daffodils and budding plants...you are in heaven!

Beth said...

The daffodils are gorgeous!
Praying that your eye surgery goes well!

Julia said...

Oh my, what a beautiful sight those happy daffodils at this time of year. That was sweet of your niece.

That rabbit looks like a big rug in comparison with the chicken rug but I'm sure that you'll get it done quickly. You already have a lot done already.

Wishing you all the best with the eye surgery and a quick recovery.
Hugs,
JB

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim! How was the shower? I bet it was fun! I love those daffodils and I wish it wasn't one hundred years until ours pop up. The bunny rug is going to be a huge accomplishment. It is absolutely adorable. I love the chicken rug, too. Yay for the surgery! I'll pray.

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you are having color in your flowerbeds already. That Camellia is gorgeous.

Meg said...

Ooh, I'm so jealous! None of our bulbs are blooming. It is so sad. I am so desperate for spring, and flowers, and planting, I feel like an addict having withdrawals.

Miss Debbie said...

You are right, the daffodils were quite a gift! And your camellias are beautiful...such a pretty color! I know, because you are so industrious, you will rest easier when you have your surgery if all your cooking and chores are done, so I hope you have a productive week. We are having spring like days right now, but the cold is coming back. Trying to enjoy them while they are here. Hubby and I worked on outdoor projects yesterday...nice to be in the fresh air!

Alica said...

Blooming flowers?! I can hardly wait! I'm glad you can enjoy them for me...I guess...sigh.... :)

You must be eager to have the surgery done with, I'm sure! Here's to much better vision soon!!

Kim said...

Yes, fresh cut flowers are so cheery. I'm so glad your surgery is getting close. It will be so nice to get that over with. I love the close up of your chicken. She seems to be strutting with such attitude !

Debbie said...

There are so many different varieties of daffodils. This is my favorite one!! I have trouble "sharing" my daffodils, they are so precious!! I have been hunting for purple tulips, no luck so far!!

I really like the colors of the bunny rug, it is a large one!!

annie said...

our daffs will be blooming here in about 3 weeks, maybe 2 if it warms up faster. lovin' your rugs, both 2, yes!
hoping all goes well with your surgery.

Anonymous said...

All the flowers looks very bright. Their colors are cool to our eyes...

Jacque. said...

ohhhhh...the bunny rug is looking good! Love how you have embraced hooking!! The daffodils make me long for spring...as I sit here in below zero wind chill weather. BUT, it's going to warm up later this week! YAY! It will be a huge relief to have your surgery done. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. xo

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

Your Mrs. Rabbit rug is going to be a stunner. The surgery is coming up fast. It will be a great relief for you to have one eye out of the way. I will keep you in my prayers.

Will and Tracy said...

Everything is so frozen here that it cheered me beyond belief to see flowers, even the daffodils. We are supposed to warm up this weekend and oh today we saw the sun for the first time in weeks and I rejoiced all day long. I love you. Tracy, your sister who is so proud of you.