Winter

Winter

Monday, February 24, 2014

Just Normal

I am enjoying normal. Though I seem to be bouncing around from project to project. We had a beautiful weekend that it was so hard to be inside. Ron planted five trees in the front yard. Two Chinese Pitache,  two Jacaranda trees and a Cork Oak
He took out a dead Sycamore and replaced it with a pine tree in the back. He has grown all of these trees from seeds. So that makes it fun to plant them here.

We might get rain. Lots of  rain. I am pretty excited about it. Snow in the mountains too. It would be so nice to get lots of rain.

This weekend I baked some lovely brownies. You know I don't share recipes very much, because there are so many food blogs that do a better job than me taking pictures but this is a keeper kind of recipe so I thought I would share it today.

These are called Buckeye Brownies. I got the recipe from Gooseberry Patch Our Best Desserts.

19 1/2 ounce brownie mix. ( I baked mine from scratch.)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 6 T. butter, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter
6 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips

Prepare and bake brownie mix in a greased 13x9 baking pan according to package directions.
let cool.
Mix together powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter and peanut butter, spread over cooled brownies. Chill one hour.
Melt together chocolate chips remaining six tablespoons of butter, ( I just used a whole cube) over low heat, stirring occasionally  spread over brownies. ( I also zapped the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave in one minute intervals stirring well until it was all melted.) I just poured that on top.  Let cool and cut into squares.
Easy Peasy.

I hope you had a lovely weekend as well. I hope this will be a lovely week for you. Did I mention rain? I am pretty excited.

Have a lovely day,
~Kim~

"Safety is all well and good: I prefer freedom.
---The Trumpet of the Swan--- E.B. White, 1970

20 comments:

Nellie said...

Good Monday morning, Kim. Yes, we saw on this morning's weather map that there might be a chance of rain in your area - plus snow in the mountains! I truly hope that happens for you!

The brownies sound absolutely delicious! It would not be a good idea for me to have them around here.:-)

xo Nellie

Jacque. said...

I am so happy that you have 'normal' to enjoy! Those brownies...sinfully delicious, I'm sure! xo

TexWisGirl said...

i hope you get RAIN!!! and good luck on the new trees. so cool to have your own landscaper. :)

those brownies look treacherous!

Debbie said...

could you please send ron to my house, i have lot's for hime to do.....and if you insist, you can come also and bake me some brownies!!

Kessie said...

I love normal! I've been cleaning like crazy this morning so the house is clean for the new mattress. Isn't that funny? Somebody left a bunch of used toys and books on our front porch, and the kids have been enthralled. :-)

Beth said...

The brownies look delicious!!
I hope that you get all of the rain that you need so that the newly planted trees flourish!

Christine said...

Too much temptation with those brownies!
Glad you are bouncing with happiness and I wish I could send you some of our rain as it's raining steadily here again!

Julia said...

Oh my, those trees are beautiful.
I hope that the'll grow well. The Jacaranda tree is just spectacular.

The brownies are going to make me sin, lol...
They look so tasty.
Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Hugs,
JB

Julia said...

Yea for the rain, finally.
Hugs,
JB

Debbie said...

Oh how I love the ordinary and the normal! I knew we were getting rain, but not lots of rain! Soo exciting! The brownies look and sound delish. Bet my grandkids would gobble them up. Enjoy your "normal" day!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

A normal day??? Have not figured out what normal is and I am 67!!! Well, what ever it is, have a good one, again and again and again!!! Like those brownies, a must try, sounds like reeses' peanut butter cup brownies.

Pom Pom said...

Oh my goodness! Brownie love! Ron is a true arborist, isn't he? He is a tree lover and I'm sure an occasional tree hugger. I was going to go out walking when I got home from school, but then the wind started to howl and I have a feeling it is blowing in some colder temperatures.
I hope you have a fantastic evening, Kim!

GretchenJoanna said...

Springtime with brownies - irresistible!

Miss Debbie said...

Brownies look yummy! Hope you get rain.It's springlike here now, but there is a chance we will have snow and freezing rain the first week in March. Hmmm...we will see!

Meg said...

Oh how exciting for new trees! Those will be so pretty once they are big. Did you plant them to screen the front? I am trying not to get my hopes up for lots of rain. I know if I get excited we will only get 5 drops.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Normal is good. I wish normal came around more often.
Those brownies sound sinfully delish ~ probably better just rub them on the thighs because that's where they will end up...lol!
I do hope you get some much needed rain.
Hugs :)
Lauren

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I would rather eat a brownie than a piece of cake. Brownies have a distinctive smell while they're baking. It's an aroma that makes you hang around the kitchen. Yours look especially delicious. I like the tri-color of them.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm excited along with you at the prospect of rain! Woo hoo!

Those brownies sound awesome!! While I'm not much of a fan of peanut butter, my daughter's family is, so I can see that I'll be using this recipe! ;-)

Three Sheep Studio said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you - hoping you get rain.
Thank you for the brownie recipe. It looks very, very good ;)
Rose

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

I am hearing the rain drops right now, while I am typing. We so need the rain, the lakes are almost empty. I love to sew when it is raining.
I have been thinking of you and praying for you. So glad to see the name of this post..."just normal!"