Winter

Winter

Monday, February 3, 2014

Just Flowers

Just flowers today. I am playing house. I am going to be moving furniture. You know just how many times when you have a wedding shower, people want to look under the couch? NOT! Just me being crazy about having lots of people here.

I thought  I would share some spring pictures from last year. We have a bit of cold this week. Yay! and maybe three days of rain. Which I doubt. But I will go with it.

Crab apples are so pretty. I never can do them justice.

 I love the pink.

I think blooming trees are the prettiest flower arrangements.

I hope you have a lovely Monday.

~Kim~


  Raining, by Amelia Josephine Burr, 1878-1968
      appeared in The Bellman Book of Verse, 1919
Raining, raining,
All night long;
Sometimes loud, sometimes soft,
Just like a song.

There'll be rivers in the gutters
And lakes along the street.
It will make our lazy kitty
Wash his little dirty feet.

The roses will wear diamonds
Like kings and queens at court;
But the pansies all get muddy
Because they are so short.

I'll sail my boat to-morrow
In wonderful new places,
But first I'll take my watering-pot
And wash the pansies' faces.

20 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i hope you get RAIN!

Pom Pom said...

THAT is a cute poem and crab apple blossoms are glorious!

Alica said...

Are those blooming now?! If so, I'm going to wish I'd hitched a ride with my parents! They're on their way to CA! I hope you get some much needed rain!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I like crab apple blooms too- and dogwood- both are so pretty.

Nancy said...

So pretty to see pretty flowers and know that before long we will be seeing some....I love that pillow in your header....

Beth said...

The flowers are beautiful! Praying with you that you will get the rain!

Gail said...

You picture my favorite flower...the last one. I wish they were every where here. I have one plant that I keep babying and replanting the seeds but no young ones yet.

Christine said...

gorgeous crab apple blossoms! And a fun poem but we've had more rain than the ground knows what to do with!
Love the stitchery for the month too!

Julia said...

I love your February header.
Have fun rearranging the furniture.
Your tree blossoms are awesome.
I do hope that you get lots of rain.

Have a great week.
Hugs,
JB

Susan Kane said...

What lovely thoughts and images!

Miss Debbie said...

Last Monday we had freezing temps, today it was 68! That's the way it is in Georgia....if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes and it will change! :-) Hope you get some rain!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Hope you get some rain. Oh your photos make me long for spring and that poem is beautiful. Take care. Hug B

Debbie said...

ooohhhh kim, i soooo needed this today!! we got 6 more inches of the white stuff, more comung on wednesday and sunday!! your images are gorgeous and i love the new header. you are soooo crafty!!

Debbie said...

Such gorgeous flowers! We did get some rain, but VERY little. Hopefully a little more will come. I am glad just to have it cooler! Hope your day was a good one!

camp and cottage living said...

That was a cute poem, Kim, and so true!
I like your Valentine cross stitch. Did you just
make it?

Three Sheep Studio said...

I can hardly wait for the Peach Orchard to begin blooming...
oh, it makes my heart sing !
It seems we have a long way til that happens. Lots more snow on the way. I hope you get even one day of rain. ;)
Rose

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Praying you get rain. I love flowering trees ... we have 3 in our (small-ish) yard ... I can't wait to see them bloom.

Jacque. said...

Wonderful photos...and so making me want the snow to go away! xo

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Those are just beautiful! Oh another party...you stay a busy girl! Have fun rearranging house.

Cheyenne said...

Beautiful, ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL photos, friend. It is crazy to think parts of the world look like this now as ours is covered with white & wind.

I love your attitude about life.