Winter

Winter

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Colors and Light

See that above picture? It is purple right? Well up until yesterday this wasn't purple to me. The doctor told me that I had a yellow cataract so think of putting a lens on your camera that was yellow. Every thing looks like that. Yesterday I kept asking Ron why was the swimming pool blue? It has been green for at least a year to me.

Today we walked around, I could see birds and I could see hummingbirds. I could see clouds racing across the sky. I can see my kids faces. Ron has the cutest little soul patch. I didn't notice it until yesterday.

The bad part is my freaking hair is gray!!!! I mean like I almost have a skunk white stripe. Oh and the wrinkles, I have been in denial I guess. I am old.  I am vain. Before the doctor today I put a tiny bit of eye liner on my good eye and lipstick and ear rings and a necklace. It didn't help. I look like my grand mother.


Do you remember in an earlier post when I talked about buying the quilt pattern to make? I picked it up last night and squinted at the directions and looked at the picture. What was I thinking?  Then it dawned on me, I was getting my eyes fixed, not having a brain transplant. I haven't got any smarter just because I can see. :)


I do go around mesmerized by all of the new things I see. I made dinner and put it in the crockpot. It was bliss to not have to read and read directions. The bad thing is my house is dirty. But the walls that I thought had become a ugly nicotine yellow color are back to being sunshine white. The wood in the house has a warm inviting color again. 

I still have a bubble on my lens to keep my cornea safe, but that should go away tonight then I can really see. It really is like high def. Ron had bought a new  computer monitor for me after Christmas and I know I wasn't as appreciative for it as I am now. It is so clear and I can see what I couldn't see before.

When we were driving this morning, it is like a new town. I kept oohing and asking has that always been there? It really is incredible. I didn't know that Sasha has a very fuzzy face.

Anyway, it is like being in a brand new world. I haven't been able to read in so long, I picked up a book today and I could see the words again. So many things.

Thank you so much for your comments and your prayers and your thoughts. I think waiting is the hardest thing to do. Without your thoughts and prayers I might have run screaming from the building. :)

Life is such an adventure,
~Kim~

1 Corinthians 13:12

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

23 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

you're making me laugh. yeah, we're all getting old. :) those mirrors...

so glad you can see colors again! loved the part about not having a brain transplant. :)

Julia said...

I'm so glad that you can appreciate the world in a new light just in time for the new Spring blossoms.
It's fun when your family looks better than you remember but gosh, you're not old and wrinkled. Those are your wisdon lines and you've earned them. I used to wear a tiny bit of eyeliner but I have difficulty seeing my eyes now so applying a eye liner is quite a chore. I only wear some when I look like a hag. Funny I don't wear it all the time, hahaha because I usually look like a hag in the winter time especially when I don't get enough sleep. Wearing a hat to work also gives me a bedhead everytime.

Enjoy your new found freedom.
Hugs,
JB

Pom Pom said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! I love reading about the transformation! I'm so happy for you.

M.E. Masterson said...

Awww...what a gift!!! God Bless You!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I am just so happy for you Kim. You deserve to really see the world just as your heart always sees it. I love that you are so thrilled.

Kessie said...

An eye transplant, not a brain transplant! Haha! I didn't know corneas could be a color. I'm so glad the walls aren't nicotine colored. :-)

Nellie said...

I am just so happy for you, Kim! What pleasures you are having rediscovering the world around you! Hugs, Nellie

Miss Debbie said...

I am so happy for you! Aren't you glad God taught doctors how to do such marvelous things?!?! You made me laugh about the quilt pattern! I understand completely!! :-)

Kim said...

You make me laugh! Enjoy all the sights friend.

Gail said...

Blessing abound!

If only all were blessed to see this beauty instead of taking it for granted. Enjoy.

Meg said...

You are so cute and you crack me up! I think you would look beautiful with a head of grey hair! Heck, I think you're beautiful however you look. :) It's so exciting to hear all the wonderful things you get to see now, and how it's all like new and you're finding new things. That's just awesome! :D

Christine said...

Life in high definition again must be awesome! But I enjoy your sense of humor and you are a beautiful person inside and out!

Three Sheep Studio said...

Ah, yes, those gray hairs and wrinkles.
I realize now that everyone is beautiful when they are younger.
What was I thinking ? That I would always look the way I did when I was in my 20's ? Yep, I guess so.
Rose

Sarah said...

All the things we take for granted....thanks for sharing, and thanks for the reminder to take things in with "new eyes" today!

Jacque. said...

It's like a new world for you! YAY! I'm so happy that you are seeing things now. xo

Debbie said...

SOOOO happy for you Kim! I have living for this post when you were checking out the world through your new eyes! haha on the wrinkles and grey hair. Every once in a while I catch an unguarded glance of myself in the mirror and think, who in the world is that fat old woman? lol Guess maybe "some" things are better left unseen. ENJOY the sights around you!!!

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

This such a wonderful post Kim! I laughed out loud at your 'discoveries', especially in the mirror. :)

I remember years ago when our pastor had eye surgery and got up to preach. He said he wondered if the ones he saw nodding off during the sermon had been sleeping through his sermons for years and he never knew it!

SO happy for your 'new' eyes!

Empty Nester said...

Finally getting over here to check up on you. I set my alarm for your surgery on Tuesday and thought of you all day long! SO happy that all went well!

camp and cottage living said...

I'm so happy for you, Kim! This summer will be so much more vivid for you this year.
BTW, what is a soul patch?
I have complete faith that you will figure out your quilt pattern too.

NanaNor's said...

Dear Kim, I'm so glad that you are able to see more clearly now. I remember when I first got eye glasses-I couldn't believe that you could see the outlines of the leaves on trees. Getting old really stinks-but it beats the alternative and I thank the good Lord that I am alive today. Enjoy your new eyesight-so glad everything is looking better.
Hugs, Noreen

Debbie said...

oohhhh Kim, it's all good, even the grays!! And now you know why I love purple so much!!

Nancy said...

I am so happy for your miracle of new sight...Just think of all the beautiful things you are seeing now; don't worry about the little things that appear as age....they are really wisdom....

Betty Manousos said...

SO happy for you! and thanks for the reminder.

wish you a blessed weekend~