Winter

Winter

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday


I woke up this morning and my first thought was, " It is going to be a wonderful Wednesday, we have storms coming with rain. I could hear the wind chimes already blowing in the breeze. The sky was pink. The air has that lovely smell of rain. It is finally cooler. It will be a nice day to watch the weather.

Well it finally happened. As each passing day goes by I see better and better. I know I shouldn't have worked on Mrs. Rabbit until I could see like I can now. I stared at it now for a week. Last night, I threw it on the floor, and as I stood above it, I told Ron, " I just can't stand these colors!" He looked up and then at the rug and said, " Do you want me to help you rip it out?" I had tried to not go there because I had hooked so many hours on it, but I said, " Yep, let's do it!" So we sat and talked and reversed hooked (ripped out) all of the back ground I had done for that last week. I felt like a huge weight was off my chest. So I am back to square one. One of the things that I find remarkable is color. I guess I lived so long with out it I find I just want lots and lots of color.


One of the colors I watch is when I pour coffee into the cups, and the coffee is so black and then as I take the cream, and begin pouring so slowly, because I love watching the milk join the coffee in the cup and then as I pick up the shiny silver spoon and begin  to stir, and the milk and the coffee become that warm color of brown. The swirls and the mixing just makes me so happy.

Watching my chickens on the grass and all of the different colors and the warm sunshine and the diamonds in the grass. Every single thing I do now, I am shocked at what I see. Yesterday, I worked on a counted cross stitch. I had tried so hard to do it before I realized how bad my eyes were, I thought if I willed myself to see I could so I would try and try. You can't believe the mess I have on this design. I kept it though and started working at where I see now. Just as a reminder to me what a gift of sight is and how great to be able to do what I love. So yesterday, watching and seeing the material I was working with was just amazing to me. I can sit in the sun again and sew. I haven't been able to do that for years. The sunshine hurt. With the other eye not done yet, I am aware of the pain I must have lived with daily. No wonder I was a grouch. All of the time. Thank goodness Ron keeps vows. You know that one in sickness and health. I am sure it was like being married to a crazy woman.

Isn't this just adorable? I love spring.


On the far left is a normal hen egg. The middle egg is a bantam egg, and the teeny tiny one is a new egg from a bantam who is going to start laying. I knew I had a couple that were younger than the other chickens I had. It makes me so happy to see little bitty eggs.

I hope your Wednesday is lovely. I will be watching the storm come in today as I go from window to window. There is just something wonderful about rain. You know we only get about 6 inches a year. Yes, a year. When you go into stores and it is raining, everyone talks about how wonderful the rain is so it kind of nice be so happy about any kind of weather.

~Kim~

" Don't worry that your children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you."
---Robert Fulghum---
" Childhood is like a mirror, which reflects in after life the images first presented to it."
---Samuel Smiles--- 

20 comments:

annie said...

wednesday hugs to the seeing woman, grin!
thankful I can write that to you!
I simply love colors too!

Gail said...

It is so wonderful to hear the joy in your words.

Alica said...

Only 6 inches of rain a year?! Oh my. I hope it rains all day today for you! Enjoy it! I am so happy to hear you excited about your vision...what a wonderful gift! (and what a wonderful hubby too) :)

Debbie said...

Still happy for you over here!! I guess I never knew that color was soo affected by cataracts. And how wonderful it must be to see it all right now. Ripping it all out and starting over is so something I would have done, lol. I am excited for rain too. YAY! Enjoy your day!

Nellie said...

That is wonderful about the eggs, Kim! How many do you gather daily? Our daughter and son-in-law lost the few chickens they had to wild animals.:-( Only one remains, and she hasn't been good at laying during the winter.

It is neat to hear your happiness with seeing colors once again!

I'm hoping you have lots of rain! Take a walk in it!

xo Nellie

Debbie said...

those eggs, on that tablecloth, PERFECT!! gorgeous blooms, i feel your joy!!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh I remember those small eggs. It was a joy to go out in the chicken coop and gather them for breakfast. Miss those days. Have a great day and so glad you are seeing so well out of one eye...just think what two eyes will accomplish...double the pleasure!!!

Miss Debbie said...

Such a happy post! Can't wait to see the "new" Mrs Rabbit! The blooms are such a lovely shade of pink. I hope you get the promised rain!

Kessie said...

You ripped out the rabbit one? Oh no! I wondered if there was any projects you disliked now that you could see.
I'm sitting here installing stuff on the kids' new computer. They can't wait to play everything two player. :-)

TexWisGirl said...

happy blossoms and i'm hoping you're getting that rain.

Christine said...

You have made me realise how much I take my eyesight for granted.
Everything is becoming more vibrant here with the dawn of spring and I love the pictures of apple blossoms and the wee egg is precious!
Thanks for sharing the beauty around you!

Meg said...

Haha that is so funny you say that because Ben ran to get milk this morning and he said the checker and the ladies in front of him were talking about the rain! I am just in love with it and I hope it pours all the rest of the week. That is too bad about Mrs. Rabbit, but now you just get to hook more. :)

Jacque. said...

Kim...you sound like a little child with a new toy...full of excitement and wonder and awe. I am so happy for you!! Especially because you appreciate what you are seeing now...no taking things granted for you! xo

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I can't imagine getting so little rain. I hope the rain today gives everything a good soaking. I don't understand how Southern CA. grows such beautiful vegetables and flowers without rain. Your flower gardens and flowering trees are always so gorgeous. I have to water my tomatoes every other day in the summer time.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I hope you are getting the much needed rain.
Glad your vision has seen such an improvement!
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Kim, what a ray of sunshine you are. It's so nice hearing you describing how you see things with a newness. It makes me realize how we take all our wonderful gifts of our senses for granted.

I like that you are keeping the cross stitch as is before the eye surgery and after as a reminder, it's your reality after all... It will keep improving from now on.

Oh my gosh, what a cute tiny egg. No wonder you love raising chicken...

Enjoy your rain storm. You guys do an awesome job with only 7 inches of rain a year. We have an over abundance of rain, snow every year it seems. I think that we complain a lot when we should be thankful.

Today is George and I 48th wedding anniversary and on this day in 1966 there was a huge snow storm of around 3 to 4 feet of drifting snow. The underpass downtown was plugged solid with snow. Cars or trucks couldn't go through until a snowblower cleared it. George had to get up at 5:00 AM to plow a path to the main road so we could go get married., lol. It's a long story lol...
Hugs.
JB

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

So glad you're going to get rain (even if it means a winter storm for us in a few days). And I can't tell you how happy my heart is that you're seeing so well now!

Three Sheep Studio said...

I love watching the weather. Free beauty for all to see !
Especially when you get so little rain. It must really be an event, because it is all over the news that California is going to be getting rain !! Happy Thursday to you, Kim ;0
Rose

Pom Pom said...

You have eyes of wonder now (Bill loves the movie Rise of the Guardians)!
You are ambitious! Tearing out has never appealed to me (I know nobody LOVES it!) but if you feel better about the bunny, it's worth it.
It's Thursday! Happy! I am taking tomorrow off so I can read at Miss Bug's preschool! Yahoo!

GretchenJoanna said...

I am so happy for you, Kim! That is a very sweet story about your husband helping you rip out the rug. I appreciate all your lovely natural wonders: eggs, blossoms, cream in coffee, RAIN - especially rain. God be praised!