Winter

Winter

Friday, February 7, 2014

Just Thinking


I hope you have had a wonderful week. I know it has been snowy and cold. We have had nice February weather which has been so nice. I was thinking today that getting to go to Tractor Supply is my favorite place. It used to be my favorite stores sold clothes. I loved Clothes, in high school, my goal was to wear a new outfit to every football, basketball, wrestling and baseball game in the spring. I worked so I could buy new clothes. Walking around Tractor Supply today is just so much better. They have all of the seeds in and I looked and wanted to buy but I was by myself, and I really like shopping best when I am not alone.


Last week when I was grocery shopping, I bought tomatoes for 99 cents a pound. Which I thought was terribly high. Today I paid 3.97 a pound. I freaked. Same kind of tomato. Do you know what this tells me? 
Already California is getting in on the drought issue. If you have any place to grow produce this year. It might be a good year to do that. 


I found out something this week. I didn't know what an EKG was so what I found out was don't wear lotion when you go to have one. First they stuck all of those little wires  to me. They couldn't get a reading. Then they tried sticking them to me with tape. Still didn't work. Buzzers kept going off. I was trying not to panic.  They asked had I wore lotion, which I said yes,  then they took all those things off and wiped me down with cold wipes with alcohol. Then they stuck them all on me again. The buzzers kept going off. Finally, I told the girl who was trying to do this, that I knew what was wrong. She looked at me and I said, " I have been been on this table so long, I no longer have a heartbeat because I am a zombie." She jumped and said, " Don't say that you scared me!" She had to find someone else to help her. I held my breath until they finally found a reading.

I am so tired of paper work. I was filling out this new kind of paperwork and I got to the question
Nationality.  I wrote American. I hate that question because they keep trying to isolate us into groups. We are all Americans if you live in the USA. So it makes me mad

The next question was Race. I wrote human. I am sick of that question too. There is only one race if you think about it and we are as I last checked all humans. Not colors.


I think I am almost about done jumping through hoops. Just a couple more to go. There is a bridal shower here tomorrow. I should have cleaned house today. I cleaned my chicken pen. Ron plowed the garden. I looked at berry vines. I checked all of the fruit trees who are still I am happy to say, still very asleep.
I hope to plan my garden this weekend. I hope maybe to get my dream pantry this year, filled with only things I have canned. We will have to see.

Now I need to go watch Elliot make pizza. He makes the best pizza in the world.


This is his chicken, bacon, artichoke. It is just the best.  I just make the crust.
Have a lovely weekend,
~Kim~

 "You don't need tickets,
To listen to crickets."
---Insectlopedia, Douglas Florian---


15 comments:

Julia said...

I've had lots of EKGs done and I've never ran into your problem. I never wear body lotions. I wear lotion on my hands and feet only when they are dry and on my face in winter.

I think that perhaps they ask about the race because some races are more prone to certain diseases, for example, black are more prone to sickle cell anemia and so on.

That pizza looks delicious. You are so lucky that Eliott loves to cook.

This tomato price is scary. I think that people better get ready to grow their own food. I feel sorry for the poor who have no land to grow food and can't afford to buy the nutritious food they need.

Take care and stay well.
Hugs,
JB

TexWisGirl said...

i try not to wear lotion when i go in for my physical for that reason. good luck with the shower tomorrow! i'm sure it will be wonderful.

Meg said...

That pizza looks delicious! 3.97?!? That is insane!! I am definitely planting this year, and doing my best to keep it alive. Mom and Mimi and I have been talking about doing canning days, where we can as much as possible to stock the pantries.

I love how you're getting ornery as you get older. "Human" hehe. I wonder if that made the staff mad. ;)

Kessie said...

So is an EKG your heart or brain? I assume you had a heartbeat after all. :-) I hate that paperwork, too. There was never a "white" option.

Alica said...

You made me laugh, Kim...you're ornery!! I love the pictures on today's post. They make me wish for SPRING!

Debbie said...

I have had many EKG's and I have never had a problem, and I always where lotion...hmmm, I am the one whose probably weird, lol.The price on those tomatoes is downright scary,,,oh no... Hope the shower goes beautifully tomorrow, and finally that pizza looks amazing! Enjoy your week-end!

Miss Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a busy day! I understand your thoughts on "race" it is important, in the medical field, to know that. As you know, I work for a dermatologist, and, sometimes, it does make a difference what "color" you are. And in other areas of medicine, symptoms may be an indication of certain things because of race. So, try not to be offended...there really is a good reason for the question! :-) Have a blessed weekend!

Christine said...

Have fun at the bridal shower!
You are so right about those kind of questions!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I think those are fantastic answers. When the IRS gets all up in our health issues is when I am going to lose my brownie button. I hope you aren't feeling poorly and that you had a great MRI result. Have a great weekend!

Three Sheep Studio said...

I have come to the conclusion Kim, you must have THE most amazing gardens. Your flower pics are always so lovely !
The pizza sounds heavenly...;)
Rose

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh that pizza does look good. The shower will go wonderfully after all your work. I love your answers on the paperwork I agree. Tomatoes up her in Canada I don't even look at them.
Everything is so expensive now.
Nice to know a zombie a lotion covered one:) Hug B

Pom Pom said...

The shower is today? Yay! Your surgery is coming right up, Kim. I will be praying.
How fun to plan the garden. The icebergs are not inspiring, so I am going to wait a while.
The pizza looks delish!

Gail said...

Well, you learned two things...no lotion and no zombie jokes.

Healing thoughts coming your way.

I do the same thing on those forms!!!! I am a human American. It just makes me mad when they ask that. I am not saying I am a German/English/Irish/Cherokee American either!!!! I am so proud you feel the same way.

Empty Nester said...

I hate those questions too. I like to play around and have fun with them sometimes. Even though most of the time those are optional questions. I'm tired of their games.

Gumbo Lily said...

I'm glad you answered the nationality and race questions so well! Good for you. That pizza looks absolutely scrumptch!