Winter

Winter

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Walking in the Garden

I thought this morning I would take you on a walk around the garden. This is a rose bush I have to pass on my way out to the pasture. I love this little rose bush as it always looks like it is filled with bridal bouquets.

Remember that song, " Paper Roses?" That is what I thought of when I saw these roses. I love how they have all of the contrasting colors.

The sunflowers are growing and they love the hot weather, the days that it is over 95 you can almost see them growing.
Nothing else is up so you can see it, there are potatoes and corn planted here. The herb garden is in the middle with a bed of Zinnias and beets. We didn't put the wood around the beds this year. It will be easier to move the drip lines and use the tractor to plow between the rows. The garden this year looks so much bigger but we did it so much further apart for the disk. Sorry for using the wrong word, I say plow my husband says disk.

Here is another shot with the artichoke and the tomatoes and peppers, and of course, Sasha sneaking up on my chickens. I love when she walks like that, it just drives her crazy when the chickens come outside the gate.
This is what Sasha is sneaking up on, I do enjoy watching them scratching out here but really they want to drift over to eat some of the berries that are starting to get ripe.

Here are the chicks today. One of my favorite things to do in the morning is to change and clean the cage. Give them fresh water and fresh food. It is like how when the kids were babies I loved giving them baths and putting on sleepers and getting them ready for bed, that is what this reminds me of every morning. I just love standing and watching them as they eat and scratch and make the little peeps of how good the food is and how nice the water is, just a lovely little job I look forward to doing each day.

Thanks for coming along this morning. Just all of the simple things in my life that gives me so much joy and I like being able to share it with you.

Have a lovely Wednesday,
~Kim~

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

thanks for sharing your joys. :) love the sasha stalk!

Debbie said...

Your place is enormous and just so beautiful!! I love seeing the little ones!!!

Beth said...

I enjoyed the walk in the garden with you today. The chickies are so cute!

Julia said...

My, that a lot of sunflowers. That is going to be spectacular when they bloom. Sasha is enjoying the morning walk too.

I love looking at your little chicks and that little black one sure stand out in the crowd, lol. I can't wait to see them grow.

Take care. Hugs
JB

Julia said...

Oh I forgot. What came to my mind when I read that you have to pass by that rose bush every morning was Oh poor Kim, she has to look at that gorgeous rose bush, lol. I'm so bad... JB

Empty Nester said...

Wow, y'all are really hot already! We've been in the 80s but no 90s THANK GOD. But my sunflowers are growing! I will try to take a picture of them for you- I hardly ever remember to take it out in the yard because I always end up working out there. The chicks are adorable. How I wish I could have some!

Kessie said...

Oh, you did a walk-around post! I'm so glad. I've never seen your chickens outside the fence. They look hilariously happy. And you know they'd happily pick all of your berries for you. I wonder if beaks get thorns?

Kim said...

Sasha looks so funny doing her sneaky approach. The sunflowers are growing. I knew it wouldn't be long before you were showing off those sprouts! LOL. I have high hopes for your seeds. I can plant them soon. Crossing my fingers and toes.

Jacque. said...

The simple things in life are often the best. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself. Love seeing your garden and all that you do there.

Unknown said...

Beautiful images and I love your background now too. The rose bushes are my favorite.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Kim! I know what you mean! I loved giving the baths and putting on the lotion, combing the hair and zipping babies into their sleepers!
Sweet!
Sasha is cute! I like her!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Thanks for taking us along on your walkabout.

I miss bathtime/bedtime, so I relish getting to do that with my grands.

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Thanks so much for sharing your joy...it gives me joy. Yes paper roses, so remember that and will be singing in it my head all day. Your sunflowers...can't wait to see them again this year...ours are growing in our little patch, one is taller than Benjamin.

Thanks for the stroll...what a great way to start my day!

myletterstoemily said...

i love tagging along with you while you do
your chores, because you make everything
sound so fun!