Winter

Winter

Monday, August 22, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook



The Simple Woman's Daybook
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


FOR TODAY
Outside my window... The sun is shining, and the leaves are beginning to drift down in the
the tired dance of summer. The sky continues to be as blue as a robins egg and I wish there
were but a few clouds to remind me of ships sailing on far away seas.

I am thinking...That life is made up of tiny bits of magic. Each tiny bit is like a piece of chocolate
to be tasted and savored. To be unwrapped each day as I go about my business of being a servant to those whom I have been called.

I am thankful...That the first day of school was a good day. My son's remark was there was " lots of hot girls... in his classroom last year there was only one girl and it was Mom." My daughter thinks her math teacher is, "adorable." Peter of course being home with Mom thinks it is "boring." My son William, " Thinks it will be so much fun." I thought it was a good day but I am very thankful the first day is over.

From the learning rooms...This morning, as my stomach was filled with butterfly's
I opened my daily planner. Back in July when I asked God for a verse to base my 2011-2012 school year, He gave me " The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.
(Duet 31:8) I didn't remember writing this so when I turned the page there was this lovely
promise and I was so comforted.


In the kitchen...I was finally able to be in the kitchen, around food. That is the first time in over
a week and I was hungry and I was so thankful.

I am wearing... Black shorts and a purple shirt and white tennis shoes and white socks.

I am creating... I have been working on my Halloween rug, my first pumpkin looks like a skeleton head and not at all like a pumpkin. Sometime I don't think I will ever get this rug hooking thing.

I am going... to sleep much better tonight than I have in weeks.

I am wondering...how to liven up school and not be so boring.

I am reading...The Bible, The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart, The Green Grass of Wyoming by
Mary Ohara.

I am hoping... The kid coming over tonight takes both kittens.

I am looking forward to...the next moment in time.

I am hearing...The sound of boys voices talking to each other upstairs. The sound of my computer humming away. The heavy sighs of Sasha because I am on the computer and not outside and the sound of the air conditioner outside my room.

Around the house... All is quiet and the house is clean, the dishes done from dinner. Ron is re-potting trees.

I am pondering...watching the sun set and hoping that a breeze will come up this evening.

One of my favorite things...Letting my chickens out in the yard and when I come outside
they all run up to me to see if I have a treat and the sound of their feet in the grass as they
follow me. I love the sound of their feet.

A few plans for the rest of the week: To hook some more on my rug so it is finished by Halloween and not New Year. To start another counted cross stitch.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

My pumpkins just look so pretty out in the garden.
I am ready though for the other stuff to be gone. I lost
my battle with weeds and I am tired of the mess.

Thanks for reading along today. My brain was so tired, I really
couldn't think of anything to write about. I hadn't done a
Daybook for August and since we are at the end of August I thought
it was time.
I want to thank Peggy for hosting this, they help me to think.
Have a lovely Tuesday,
Kim~



16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

my favorite part was the sound of chicken feet. :)

Bonnie K said...

I enjoyed your post. I had a long day and it was nice to think about different things.

Diana Ferguson said...

Wish I had pumpkins in my garden!

Nancy said...

I loved reading your newsy post....It makes me feel like we are just chatting over a cup of tea.......So glad the school is off to a good start for your kids...

Good luck on your rug. A friend sent me a book on rug hooking and I am still contemplating if I should start another hobby. I have so many things going now but it sure does look like fun.....with beautiful results...

I hope the rest of your week is full of blessings,

Meg said...

Oh good I'm glad you're feeling better. A pumpkin looking like a skeleton head is just fine since it's a Halloween rug. Just say you changed it on purpose. ;)

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I can't wait until I can hear what chicken feet sound like on grass.

Homeschool on the Croft said...

What a wonderful verse to have for your year. Precious.... I think I'll take note of it and stick it on my planner too. x

Julia said...

I love to read your Simple Woman's Day Book post as you have an overall view of of your day, a good way to end the day.

Yard work and gardening has been a real challenge for me this year too as we've had way too many rainy days. Blessings. JB

Empty Nester said...

So beautifully written- poetic even. I found such peace and calm in your words. Thank you.

Debbie said...

it's funny to see pumpkins but it makes me long for fall and cider!!!

Sue said...

Oh! Kim, what a joy to be able to visit you this afternoon. You have such a way with words,I feel as though I am there with you. I must go back and read some older posts, I hope you have not been seriously ill.
Thank you for your sweet comment, and I know why you had me on your mind, today, the east coast experienced and earth quake, I was on the phone with daughter, and I felt the earth beneath me tremble, the couch shook, and things began to shake, but am so thankful no damage, I think it was because it only lasted a few seconds. Quite a day. God is so Good!!
I love your header, fall and pumpkins are my favorite, I am so wanting fall to come. Our pumpkins are very small, because of late planting.
Did I say how much I have missed you?.... The garlic is sitting in a tub, waiting for me to wrap and send it, so please don't give up, It might be there by New Years!! lol I do apologize for the delay, procrastination has never been in my vocabulary, it seems as I get older, it has found its way.lol.
Much love,
Sue

Kim said...

You should rename these posts because you are far from a simple woman. There are so many different layers to your posts and thoughts. I enjoy following your days.

Pom Pom said...

You sound GOOD! I'm glad the first day of school was happy!
Your pumpkin is a ribbon worthy beauty!
I'm glad you have your appetite back and I hope there is something scrumptious for breakfast tomorrow.
Sending love your way!

no spring chicken said...

You should write when you're tired more often... Kim the poet. :) I love that you opened your planner to God's promise. It's a wonderful idea that I would like to borrow please. It may be too late for it to surprise me, but an encouragement none the less.

Blessings, Debbie

Cathy Kennedy said...

What a lovely post and cool journalling challenge! It's hard to believe August is winding down. I'll be happy to see autumn arrive, though. I'm tired of the heat and humidity, but it won't be gone for awhile yet. Conditions should improve in a few weeks, though.

I hope you’ll decide to check out my post…
Are You Shakin’? and The Year is 1987
Have a great week!
Your friend,
Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Hi Kim, Fun post to read! YOU are a busy Girl!!!
Thanks for your encouragement for my Blogger's Block. I am just trying to forge ahead and get back into blogging. I will probably start Friday Pretties again around the first of September. I look forward to you joining me!
Enjoy your busy fall, Joyce