Winter

Winter

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Chats on the Farmhouse Porch


I am playing along again with Patrice and her chats on the farm house porch.
I really enjoy reading all of the interesting things I didn't know about people
who join. So it is a fun thing to do each week.
BLOG TITLE

Questions

1. What color was your first car?It was Maroon, 1974 Chevy Cheyenne pickup. All of those years that I raised steers bought my truck. Only I didn't want to drive so I would drive it to the bus stop and rode the bus to school.

2. Do you dance or sing when you're by yourself?
Yes, all of the time. My favorite way to sing and dance is outside in the garden or holding a
baby.
3. What were your favorite and least favorite subjects in school? (I'm thinking high school or younger, but if you want to tell us about your PhD, go right ahead.)

My favorite subject in school was English. I would take two or three classes as my elective. I loved it so much. I also really liked PE, gee least favorite, it had to be this math class that I took with this weird teacher who wore dark, dark sunglasses. He sat at his desk and you couldn't tell if he was watching you or what. He made no bones about what a idiot I was when it came to math.
He would tell the class I would never amount to anything and stuff like that.
Well, one Saturday morning I was at work, as a checker. Guess who came in the store? Yep, Ole Mr. Sunglasses. He stood at my check stand with his mouth open, then he finally got up to me and made a big scene about how did I ever get a job and you mean some one thought you had the brains to count change, you know stuff like that.

I had known his step-dad for years who was standing there being just as shocked at what the teacher was saying. He finally left and later his step-dad came back and apologized profusely.
Of course, you know the next Monday at school, he made a bigger scene in class about me having a job. We could test out of a class and I decided I was going to test out that week and I did.
So lets say, Math and me, well, it is a good thing I married a man who does math for a living.

4. What was the last dinner you made?
I hate to admit this but last night for dinner my family had deli sandwiches. I fixed them, but after cleaning that closet yesterday, my legs were shaking and I was kind of sick at my stomach.
It was supposed to be Kung Pao Chicken but I was not doing so good.

5. Please finish this: "I feel naked without ---------------------." (Now, you know there's someone out there who will answer "clothes". See. I caught you! :)

I feel naked without my Ipod. It goes everywhere with me. In a normal world I would say make up, but I never go anywhere without my Ipod.

Thanks to Patrice for hosting this, I really appreciate it.
See you next week!
~Kim~

14 comments:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

I loved English and hated math too! That math teacher ought to be tarred and feathered. My husband hates math as much as I do...it's a problem! LOL
Hugs

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Fun...I was thinking about my porch and two rockers I use to have and how much I enjoyed setting there thinking and talking with friends...so you let me enjoy that today by joining you on your porch...I love hearing about your life and your great stories.
Have a great day...oh I sing and dance...both and yes the most precious is with a baby on my hip!

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

I wonder what happened to that miserable teacher? How do some people live with themselves. I went to a small private girls school most of my like. We had a gym teacher who always called me stupid because I just couldn't play tennis to her standards. It always made me feel bad. She would say "how long is it going to take you to learn how to serve a decent ball." One day I had just about enough and when she turned around and walk away I served the most perfect serve of my like. Square between her shoulders. I don't know why I did that that day but I did. I wasn't that bad a tennis player because I served the ball that day just where I wanted it. I would kill my kids if they ever did something like that. There you go my darkest secret.

Kessie said...

Oh wow, I don't remember that story. What a jerk of a teacher!

I do enjoy these questions, too. So much fun!

TexWisGirl said...

you never answered the first question. :)

Jacque. said...

I love getting to know you a little bit better each time you do one of these. Thank you for sharing! And, the header...gorgeous!

no spring chicken said...

I'm so mad I want to hurt that Math teacher! I'm trying to draw on the Holy Spirit because my flesh is bristling! How do people like that keep their jobs, and why do they think they should work with youth at all? Aargh!!!

Blessings, Debbie

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

oh me too Kim... math was NOT my subject. I won all the spelling bees and still don't know how I passed math classes!

Yep, I love to dance and sing, especially if no one is around, really, ONLY if no one is around!! :)

Your stories continue to delight!

xo

Lynn said...

Fun post, Farm Girl. Sorry you weren't feeling well yesterday. And what an idiot of a teacher you had. Glad you got out of that classroom. It's amazing how the words of one ignorant person can stay with you and still hurt. Sheesh. Hope he quit teaching, and soon.

And naked without your ipod? That's interesting. A sure sign you are in the 21st century :) I was thinking more along the lines of sunscreen :)

Debbie said...

this is fun kim, i really love learning more about you!!

the biggest shocker, the ipod. you a rockin' country girl.....i would have never thought you were that "high tech"!! i LOVE mine as well!!

Kim said...

These are fun. I might join next week. My first car was a 1975 Chevy Nova. It was crap but I was 17 so I thought it was great. Every time I went over a big pot hole it was lucky it didn't fall apart. Lol

Julia said...

Wow, Kim. What bad luck with jerk for a math teacher and if I recall also a jerk for an art teacher. It's a good thing that you don't give up easily. Maybe all this has helped you to be the fantastic teacher that you are today. Hugs. JB

Dawn said...

I would dance with you in that garden of yours....when you have the Garden Party:))))

Patrice said...

I can't believe that jerk of a math teacher! How dare he treat my friend like that!!!I'm part of the love English/hate Math club too! I wasn't expecting you to say iPod- I was expecting hula hoe!! :)