Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Chats on the Farmhouse Porch
I am playing along again with Patrice and her chats on the farm house porch.
I really enjoy reading all of the interesting things I didn't know about people
who join. So it is a fun thing to do each week.
1. What color was your first car?It was Maroon, 1974 Chevy Cheyenne pickup. All of those years that I raised steers bought my truck. Only I didn't want to drive so I would drive it to the bus stop and rode the bus to school.
2. Do you dance or sing when you're by yourself?
Yes, all of the time. My favorite way to sing and dance is outside in the garden or holding a
3. What were your favorite and least favorite subjects in school? (I'm thinking high school or younger, but if you want to tell us about your PhD, go right ahead.)
My favorite subject in school was English. I would take two or three classes as my elective. I loved it so much. I also really liked PE, gee least favorite, it had to be this math class that I took with this weird teacher who wore dark, dark sunglasses. He sat at his desk and you couldn't tell if he was watching you or what. He made no bones about what a idiot I was when it came to math.
He would tell the class I would never amount to anything and stuff like that.
Well, one Saturday morning I was at work, as a checker. Guess who came in the store? Yep, Ole Mr. Sunglasses. He stood at my check stand with his mouth open, then he finally got up to me and made a big scene about how did I ever get a job and you mean some one thought you had the brains to count change, you know stuff like that.
I had known his step-dad for years who was standing there being just as shocked at what the teacher was saying. He finally left and later his step-dad came back and apologized profusely.
Of course, you know the next Monday at school, he made a bigger scene in class about me having a job. We could test out of a class and I decided I was going to test out that week and I did.
So lets say, Math and me, well, it is a good thing I married a man who does math for a living.
4. What was the last dinner you made?
I hate to admit this but last night for dinner my family had deli sandwiches. I fixed them, but after cleaning that closet yesterday, my legs were shaking and I was kind of sick at my stomach.
It was supposed to be Kung Pao Chicken but I was not doing so good.
5. Please finish this: "I feel naked without ---------------------." (Now, you know there's someone out there who will answer "clothes". See. I caught you! :)
I feel naked without my Ipod. It goes everywhere with me. In a normal world I would say make up, but I never go anywhere without my Ipod.
Thanks to Patrice for hosting this, I really appreciate it.
See you next week!