Winter

Winter

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Building Fences


This weekend, my husband decided that he needed a solid fence
next to his shed. He had planned and Saturday morning
he did the post holes and the cement. He decided that today he and
the boys would go ahead and finish it.

They are building the big gate so that the cars and the lawnmower
and the tractor can get through. I am so glad because do you remember
last year when I wrote about working out there with my saw, people
would come barreling down the driveway with weird questions.
Now when I am out there by myself, no one will see me.

You know what else is really neat. All of the left over wood.
I am so excited because my husband saved all of it just for me.
I can't wait to see what I can make out of it.

The boys all drove in the nails. It is amazing how much
work 3 pretty close to grown men can get done. How fast too.
My husband's great, great grandfather had nine sons. Just think of how much work
he got accomplished.

It has needed to been done. We just never thought about it. Now I don't have to panic
when Sasha takes off running after a cat she won't be able to go in the road. When the
kids are bigger and they can go out here by themselves. Gama won't be afraid.

It was a very good day. It was sort of a men deal. Emilie and I walked out to ask
if we could help. We were told with glances that this was mens work and women
were not wanted.
It was kinda weird. I wasn't sorry though. It was nice to lay around the house. :)

Have a great week!

~Kim~

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

nice! you have a privacy fence now! :) as busy as your street is, that's a good thing to have!

Meg said...

Sweet fence! That's going to be weird seeing it in person. It will be nice not having to worry about kiddos in the pasture (well, except for the other side).

Kessie said...

Wow, that's a really nice fence! It'll make it so much easier when we let the kids back there. Heh, funny it was men's work. :-)

Jacque. said...

oh, I love watching men work. Just something easy about it. Nice fence, by the way.

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

My mom always said fences make good neighbors. Enjoy your privacy and and safety from the busy road.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Good, strong fences are a thing of useful beauty!

Samantha said...

Gorgeous fence!
I'm afraid I would have chased them down with a saw for *men's work*! ;)

no spring chicken said...

Definitely a good day... with lasting results.

I too can't wait to see what you decide to do with the left over wood!

Blessings, Debbie

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

What a great fence....and such a wonderful feeling of accomplishment...it is always a thrill to see my boys work together...today will be car maintenance.

Enjoy your new treasures of wood.

Kim said...

Very nice fence. I love fences but then again I have less than ideal neighbors and don't want to look at them :)
I did laugh at the "men's work" comment. Hahaha

camp and cottage living said...

Kim
It is great to have all that man power working on your fence. It is turning out nicely. And I'm sure it is a welcome barrier to inquiring(nosey) neighbors!
I sure wish I could gather our 3 sons to help their father with his project. But they are spread out all over the states.
DH and I watched North and South lastnight-we really loved it. So much like Jane Austen's writings.
Take care-Kimberly

Julia said...

You are so blessed Kim to have these men do all this for you. I love fences too. They are easier maintenance than hedges.

I love your new header.

Be sure to take a picture of the finished fence. Have a great week. JB