Just a quick picture of sunflowers. I am missing sunflowers. I can't wait until I just have a few.
This weekend we decided it was time to cut the soap and see if it was a flop or if it could be salvaged. I think it will be fine after it has finished curing. I just thought I would show you what we did this morning. Can I complain here? I do not like the time change!!!! Okay that is out of my system now. On to the soap.
I wanted to show you the neat little box my husband made for the soap mold. I think it turned out just fine.
We lined it with wax paper and plastic wrap and used masking tape. I don't think I would use wax paper again as it stuck to the soap.
This is the large slab of soap after we took it out of the box. Notice the sun on the block. It must have been 6:00 A.M. It was the crack of dawn. But because of the time change, it was 7:00 not early at all. The sun was barely coming up and I had already been up for two hours.
Getting ready to make the first cut in the soap. There is just something so nice about cutting into it and it was hard to get through it. Next time, we will pour it into two boxes, this is really thick soap.
The top of the soap is still soft. We need to let it dry in the air. This was right after it was cut into bars. It looks a lot dryer now.
This is how it looks, cut into bars. The lye is still active and will be for another couple of weeks. So it has to sit and age. I love how it looks.
We put it all back in the wooden box. That is a lot of soap. We are going to make another batch, since this was trial and error this time. I am having to remember how to make it and my husband is learning to make it but it is a nice thing to do. My mind is going off in all directions for kinds I would like to make.