Winter

Winter

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today is Thankful Thursday, and I am having to fix my mind on things to be thankful for,
I guess you could say it was " one of those mornings." First, we overslept, we never oversleep, R. had to be in Taft early, which of course, he wasn't this morning. I came in to let the dogs out of the laundry room, and of course it was a mess. Sasha isn't that house trained yet. The worst part of all, the coffee maker broke and no fresh coffee was waiting to chase the blues away. Today is the morning kids have to be at school by 7:00 and W. was making oatmeal which exploded all over the microwave.
So what to be thankful for? It is October 1st!! It is crisp and cool outside. I have a wonderful house to wake up to that has electricity to make coffee or not. I read about this morning the people suffering in the wake of earthquakes and loosing loved ones and my life and my problems are such minor inconveniences.
So one of my favorite passages in the Bible is from Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the fig tree should not blossom,
and there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail,
and the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold,
and there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation
The Lord God is my strength,
And He has made my feet like hind's feet,
And makes me walk on my high places.

That is where peace lies in the hope and promise of God.
Happy Thursday!

No comments: