Winter

Winter

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Candy Corn


Here is another small project I did, that was kind of fun too.
I am going to try and think up some more for fall projects to cut out of wood.
I bought a piece of new pine and I am anxious to cut it and make it into something.
It is supposed to rain next week, I feel like I have my toes and fingers crossed for a good storm, to quiet all of the dust. So I want to get a sewing project cut out so I can sit and sew and watch the rain. I want to make a quilt and I meant to cut it out today, but spent the day planting flowers. I am torn, the pansies at the garden center did look like they needed a home.
The thing I love about pansies is that when it is cold and you feel as if spring will never come, there is that little flower blooming in the rain. It always makes me so happy to see their happy faces.
Here is a dictation the kids had to learn when they were younger.

Rain in the Night
by Amelia Josephine Burr

Raining, raining,
All night long;
Sometimes loud, sometimes soft,
Just like a song.

There’ll be rivers in the gutters
And lakes along the street.
It will make our lazy kitty
Wash his little dirty feet.

The roses will wear diamonds
Like kings and queens at court;
But pansies all get muddy
Because they are so short.

I’ll sail my boat tomorrow
In wonderful new places,
But first I’ll take my watering pot
And wash the pansies’ faces.

I always loved that and looked forward to walking in the rain and hearing Emilie recite it as she knelt down to look in the pansies faces.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, this wonderful weather just makes you want to stay outside. We keep going for walks. I'm trying to soak up all the sun I can before our storm comes in.

And just watch. We won't actually get any rain.