Winter

Winter

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A Good Day


I love Saturday mornings. I love that the pace is somewhat slower than during the week.
I am always in hopes that I might sleep in, but I wake up even earlier on weekends. I think
it is because I am so excited it is a weekend. The weather is lovely, it is like living at the beach.
I can leave the windows open all night and day and the house stays pretty much the same temperature.
I am going to leave this post with a prayer from Lady Jane Grey that she prayed from her prison cell before being beheaded in 1554. She was 17. I may have bad days, but they are never that bad. I mean the beheading part.

O merciful God, be Thou unto me
A strong tower of defense,
I humbly entreat thee.
Give me grace to await thy leisure,
and patiently to bear
What thou dost unto me;
Nothing doubting or mistrusting
Thy goodness towards me;
For thou knowest what is good for me
Better than I do.
Therefore do with me in all things What Thou wilt,
Only arm me; I beseech Thee,
With Thine armor,
That I may stand fast;
Above all things taking to me
The shield of faith,
Praying always that I may
Refer myself wholly to Thy will,
Abiding Thy pleasure, and comforting myself
In those troubles which it shall please Thee
To send me, seeing such troubles are
Profitable for me, and I am
Assuredly persuaded that all Thou dost
Cannot but be well. and unto Thee
Be all honor and glory Amen.

Some day in heaven, I am going to visit with Lady Jane Grey.

No comments: