Winter

Winter

Friday, August 14, 2009

Things I Love




I thought today would be a nice day to share about what I love besides gardening. The first thing I love that makes my life possible, is Gods Word. Without it I am like a ship adrift in a ocean of change. It keeps me grounded and keeps me sane. I love reading letters daily, from someone who loved me so much He died for me.

The next thing I love, is of course, books. Not to mention I love to home school and I love my classroom and I can't wait until school starts.


I love old canning jars, because to me they remind me of a simpler life, they speak to me of a
generation gone by and of women who loved the job they had been given and they used these jars as ways to provide for those they loved. The statue is of a grandmother holding a grandchild.
I love being a grandmother, the tin can is a old lard pail that was once used for school lunches. It always reminds me of my Dad and going to school with lunch in a lard can.

I love my porches. I love how the sun shines through the leaves and the dappled sunlight hits the white on the rails. I love how it speaks to me of rest and peace.

I love purple! This is the potato bush I did not kill. I love seeing it come back from the dead and each bloom makes me so happy. No matter how scraggly it looks it is not getting trimmed.

So these are some of the things I love. Not to mention, I really love Fridays!

No comments: