Winter

Winter

Sunday, August 23, 2009


I thought I would share this first glimpse of fall. Even if we can't feel it, I see it going on all around me. One of the first things I noticed is the temperature of the swimming pool. I always think that the swimming pool water gets its warmth from the sun, but it really is the temperature of the ground. When the ground starts cooling, say because fall is coming the pool starts dropping by degrees. I have also noticed that when I water the garden the water does not evaporate as it did during the summer. The bunny has his winter coat even though it is still so hot.
So there you go no scientific reason other than "these times they are a changin."

2 comments:

Meg said...

Oh I hope it gets cold soon. I also hope we have a wet, dark winter. I'm so ready for summer to be over.

Farm Girl said...

Today I would love it to be cold, wet and dark. I would love to sit in front of a fire and sew with a pot of soup on the stove.
I can see clouds coming in on the horizon but it is not cold. I bet you really want cold with a hot baby all of the time. :)