Did you ever hear the story of the man who got the
award for being humble? He put it on and they took it
away. :) That is me. I love awards but they go to my head.
The reason I am sharing this one is it fits, it is
the Versatile blogger award. I am supposed to be writing
a blog about life on our farm and it turns out most the time
to be the ramblings rattling around in my brain.
It is starting to get bad too, last night when the babies
were sleeping and they would make sounds and I was wide
awake with each one and I would wait to see if they were going
to wake up all of the way, my brain would take off in blog
posts. I am so glad I didn't write them down, but they were
there all clamoring for a day in the sun.
I want to thank from the bottom of my heart my very new friend. She
has a lovely blog and I feel so honored to even be considered by her,
She is Patrice at http://www.everydayruralty.com/ She makes me
laugh when I am tired and she makes me think when I am feeling
serious. Not to mention, I think, really, she even might be a real writer.
Not like me who is just a competent forger,( Searching for Bobbie Fisher.)
So here are the rules:
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:
- I would like to give this award to Dog Trot Farm. This is one of the first blogs I ever came across and she inspired me to do what I do now.
- I want to give this award to Little Bit of Life. She is very versatile in her posts too. Not to mention she is married to my son. :)
- One of my newest favorite blogs is Verde Farm. They have the best collection of animals and I love the stories about their life on the farm.
- I am giving this next award to my son, he started his blog to help me write better. My kids were born writers with a innate ability to be able to spell and understand grammar. I of course did not. Williams Cool Writing School.
- Am I biased by putting my kids on for award? Yes, I didn't notice anything in the rules but since I love reading what my kids write I am putting this one up for an award too. Carrolls All Year.
- Because one of the things I wanted to be was a 10 minute rug hooker, I ran across Cotton Eyed Jo looks at life. She had become a really good friend not to mention she can really make beautiful rugs.
- One of my blogs I follow and enjoy is called One Animal Away From Divorce. She has some really great things to say, not to mention a really cute chicken house.
- One of the blogs that took my heart was My Letters To Emily. I love Lea's heart and she writes all of the time about things dear to my heart, even when she gets caught in the rain.
- No list would be complete with out Millie's Mats. I want to give this award to Kim just because she is a great 10 minute rug hooker and she makes me laugh.
- The first comment I received from someone that was not my family, was Sue at Pear Tree Farmhouse. I was going to quit blogging because I found I had nothing else to say. She gave me encouragement I needed and when I blog now, I am blogging for Sue. Not to mention she is just a dear.
- One of the ladies that I love to watch what she makes is Moon Pie Primitives. Nancy does lovely work and I wish I could apprentice to her. I would love to be a needle worker like her someday.
- My favorite quilter in the whole world in Jacque at The Doodles of My Mind. She has become such a dear friend of mine and she does write all sorts of great things too.
- Another one of my team members from the 10 minute rug hookers is my lovely friend Julia. She has one of my favorite blogs and she raises cows which seem to be a weakness of mine. Not to mention she does really great rugs. Her blog is called Of Petals and Wool.
- I wanted to give an award to Janette at Janette's Sage. We have both home schooled and have given birth to 6 children. We need to stick together.
- I would like to give this award to Joyce at I love Pretty things. She is always giving and I thought it would be nice to give something today.
I could just add everyone that is on my sidebar. All of them have a special place in my heart.
I hope you have a lovely Friday today.
Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, for His wonderful works to the children of men!(Psalm. 107:6)