Winter

Winter

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another Pretty Sunrise


We may not be getting rain yet, but the sunrise each morning has been beautiful,
each one prettier than the last. I am glad I have caught these on the camera.
There is a faint stirring of breeze in the trees this morning. It always reminds me of the world
holding its breath.
The yard is littered with yellow leaves that are slowly drifting down. I noticed
in the back of the pasture that even the cottonwoods are turning yellow. I have been so busy watching the progress of the Liquid Amber because it is turning red each day, I had not noticed the yellow on the other trees.
It seems quiet this morning, in the distance I can hear the traffic, but muted. My yellow rose bush I call the bride is blowing gently all covered in roses. In a way it looks like she is shivering in anticipation of a storm. I will go outside, to check on the chickens to make sure they can ride out the storm.
Even if we don't get a storm, it is still a good day.

No comments: